Brown Mackie College-Louisville
- Brown Mackie College family of schools provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through bachelor's degree, associate's degree, and diploma programs. Our general education courses teach students to think independently and critically, and improve problem-solving abilities. Furthermore, these programs prepare students for career opportunities and broaden their perspectives. The college strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. The college's change-oriented approach to education arms students with the skills and knowledge to help meet the economic needs of communities by preparing students for entry-level positions in business, technical, legal, and allied health careers.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Louisville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,120 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,120 students||1,360 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisville has a long history dating back to the founding of the first RETS school in 1935 in Detroit in response to the rapid growth of radio broadcasting. RETS Kentucky opened its doors as RETS Institute of Technology in 1972. In 2003, the parent corporation of RETS Institute of Technology was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in 2004, RETS Institute of Technology changed its name to Brown Mackie College ? Louisville. Brown Mackie College ? Louisville believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan area it serves. The College prepares students for entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers to help meet the economic needs of area communities. The uniqueness of Brown Mackie College ? Louisville is in its dedication to sound business principles that parallel the business principles of the community it serves. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging occupations. Brown Mackie College ? Louisville is conveniently located at 300 High Rise Drive, Louisville, Kentucky 40213. The College's spacious facility offers a modern, professional environment for study, comprising classrooms, networked computer laboratories, an electronics laboratory, as well as an academic resource center. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use the labs when those facilities are not in use for scheduled classes. Brown Mackie College ? Louisville is accredited to award associate's degrees, diplomas, and certificates by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 365 students | 2.80 Mi3901 Atkinson Square Dr
Louisville,  KY  40218
- 3,462 students | 4.00 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 13,550 students | 6.80 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 497 students | 6.90 Mi4627 Dixie Hwy
Louisville,  KY  40216
- 879 students | 8.20 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.