- As the state's largest two-year, comprehensive community and technical college, Jefferson offers a wide-range of programs and services to meet your needs wherever you are in life. Jefferson is committed to serving students through outstanding faculty, small classes, flexible schedules and e Learning programs, and a challenging learning environment. We also offer numerous opportunities to students, faculty, staff and the community for professional and cultural enrichment.
Jefferson Community and Technical College serves 12,196 students (26% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 19%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 12,196 students
- In-state tuition: $3,704
- Out-state tuition: $12,536
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Jefferson Community and Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
The teacher population of 558 teachers has grown by 30% over five years.
Jefferson Community and Technical College
(KY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Jefferson Community and Technical College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five years.
The Jefferson Community and Technical College diversity score of 0.51 is more than the state average of 0.33. The school's diversity has declined by 14% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,704 is more than the state average of $3,629. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,536 is more than the state average of $12,449. The out-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Jefferson Community College, founded in 1968 in downtown Louisville with expansion to locations in southwest Jefferson County, Carroll County, and Shelby County, is the largest public, comprehensive community college under the governance of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). As a member of the KCTCS Jefferson District, which includes Jefferson Community College and Jefferson Technical College, the College is committed to providing access to educational services and lifelong learning opportunities and to promoting economic growth and development. The College also offers access to distance learning programs through Kentucky Virtual University (KYVU) and other providers. Through these programs and courses, Jefferson Community College awards associate degrees, certificates and continuing education units consistent with the comprehensive nature of the institution. In addition, student and academic support services are designed to help students accomplish academic and career goals. The college offers associate degrees, pre-baccalaureate education, diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jefferson Community and Technical College cost?
Jefferson Community and Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,704 for In-State students and $12,536 for Out-State students.
What is Jefferson Community and Technical College's ranking?
Jefferson Community and Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kentucky for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.