- As the state's largest two-year, comprehensive community and technical college, Jefferson offers a wide-range of programs and services to meet your needs wherever you are in life. Jefferson is committed to serving students through outstanding faculty, small classes, flexible schedules and e Learning programs, and a challenging learning environment. We also offer numerous opportunities to students, faculty, staff and the community for professional and cultural enrichment.
- Enrollment: 12,196 students
- In-state tuition: $3,704
- Out-state tuition: $12,536
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Jefferson Community College, founded in 1968 in downtown Louisville with expansion to locations in southwest Jefferson County, Carroll County, and Shelby County, is the largest public, comprehensive community college under the governance of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). As a member of the KCTCS Jefferson District, which includes Jefferson Community College and Jefferson Technical College, the College is committed to providing access to educational services and lifelong learning opportunities and to promoting economic growth and development. The College also offers access to distance learning programs through Kentucky Virtual University (KYVU) and other providers. Through these programs and courses, Jefferson Community College awards associate degrees, certificates and continuing education units consistent with the comprehensive nature of the institution. In addition, student and academic support services are designed to help students accomplish academic and career goals. The college offers associate degrees, pre-baccalaureate education, diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning.