Jefferson Community and Technical College
- As the state's largest two-year, comprehensive community and technical college, Jefferson offers a wide-range of programs and services to meet your needs wherever you are in life. Jefferson is committed to serving students through outstanding faculty, small classes, flexible schedules and e Learning programs, and a challenging learning environment. We also offer numerous opportunities to students, faculty, staff and the community for professional and cultural enrichment.
- The teacher population of 428 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||428 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,550 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,663 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,887 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$29,400|
- Jefferson Community College, founded in 1968 in downtown Louisville with expansion to locations in southwest Jefferson County, Carroll County, and Shelby County, is the largest public, comprehensive community college under the governance of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). As a member of the KCTCS Jefferson District, which includes Jefferson Community College and Jefferson Technical College, the College is committed to providing access to educational services and lifelong learning opportunities and to promoting economic growth and development. The College also offers access to distance learning programs through Kentucky Virtual University (KYVU) and other providers. Through these programs and courses, Jefferson Community College awards associate degrees, certificates and continuing education units consistent with the comprehensive nature of the institution. In addition, student and academic support services are designed to help students accomplish academic and career goals. The college offers associate degrees, pre-baccalaureate education, diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning.
- The nearest community college to Jefferson Community and Technical College is Galen College of Nursing-Louisville (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 879 students | 3.80 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 65 students | 4.60 Mi3111 Hamburg Pke
Jeffersonville,  IN  47130
- 3,575 students | 5.00 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 1,120 students | 6.80 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 4,719 students | 10.00 Mi8204 Hwy 311
Sellersburg,  IN  47172