- Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students. The institution offers career-focused curricula with increasing rigor from the certificate through diploma, associate, bachelor`s, master`s and doctoral degree levels. Throughout those curricula, the university seeks to promote the development of critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, computer literacy, and teamwork as well as an appreciation for life-long learning, cultural diversity and the expression of professionalism in all activities. At the graduate level, the university also seeks to promote a culture of research.
Sullivan University serves 2,541 students (58% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 19%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,541 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,500
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Sullivan University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
The teacher population of 289 teachers has grown by 44% over five years.
(KY) Community College Avg.
Master's Colleges & Universities: Larger Programs
4 or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Private, for profit
The student population of Sullivan University has declined by 27% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 5:1 over five years.
The Sullivan University diversity score of 0.64 is more than the state average of 0.33. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,500 is less than the state average of $14,418. The private state tuition has declined by 31% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://pages.sullivan.edu/programsuccess/
Profile last updated: 12/07/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sullivan University cost?
Sullivan University's private state tuition is approximately $13,500.
What schools are Sullivan University often compared to?
Sullivan Universityis often viewed alongside schools like Jefferson Community and Technical College by visitors of our site.
What is Sullivan University's ranking?
Sullivan University ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kentucky for: Diversity in US community colleges and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.