- Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students. The institution offers career-focused curricula with increasing rigor from the certificate through diploma, associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree levels. Throughout those curricula, the university seeks to promote the development of critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, computer literacy, and teamwork as well as an appreciation for life-long learning, cultural diversity and the expression of professionalism in all activities. At the graduate level, the university also seeks to promote a culture of research.
Sullivan University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 267 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sullivan University||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||267 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,462 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,319 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,143 students||1,892 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,419 students||1,360 students|
|# Graduate Students||1,033 students||42 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||220|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://pages.sullivan.edu/programsuccess/
- The nearest community college to Sullivan University is Sullivan College of Technology and Design (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 365 students | 1.40 Mi3901 Atkinson Square Dr
Louisville,  KY  40218
- 1,120 students | 4.00 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 879 students | 4.60 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 13,550 students | 5.00 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 439 students | 5.80 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.