Brown Mackie College-Findlay
- Brown Mackie College ? Findlay provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate degree and diploma programs. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the communities in entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Findlay||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||369 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||369 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||284 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.35||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Findlay has a long history offering career education and training, going back to its establishment as a traditional business college in 1926 by William H. Stauzenberger. The institution is now under the ownership of Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC). EDMC, which has been in business for over 40 years, is one of the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America with an enrollment exceeding 58,000 students as of fall 2003. EDMC has 67 primary campus locations in 24 states and two Canadian provinces. Brown Mackie College ? Findlay is conveniently located at 1700 Fostoria Avenue, Suite 100, Findlay, Ohio. The 22,000 square-foot facility houses modern classrooms that are fully equipped with multimedia equipment, including DVD and VCR players, overhead projectors, and Internet access. The Brown Mackie College ? Findlay facility includes four networked computer labs, two medical labs, and nursing and medical assisting labs. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. The right mix of technical and professional skills?capabilities that match the current needs of the marketplace?are important for a successful career. In each of our programs, our students develop not only the crucial technical proficiencies required for their particular field, but also an important understanding of sound business principles. The general education components of our curriculum encourage the development of critical skills in problem solving, analysis, and communication. Through this combination of technical, business, and general education, we prepare our students to move into their careers in a professional, knowledgeable, and confident manner. Programs offered at Findlay includes Accounting Technology, Business Management, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Gerontology, Healthcare Administration, Medical Assistant, Medical Assisting, Paralegal, Pharmacy Technology and Practical Nursing. Brown Mackie College ? Findlay is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,657 students | 30.70 Mi4240 Campus Dr
Lima,  OH  45804
- 1,056 students | 30.70 Mi4240 Campus Dr
Lima,  OH  45804
- 2,603 students | 31.40 Mi2830 Napoleon Rd
Fremont,  OH  43420
- 4,111 students | 34.50 Mi1441 N Cable Rd
Lima,  OH  45805
- 708 students | 36.40 Mi1796 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee,  OH  43537
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.