Terra State Community College
- Terra State Community College is a two-year accredited, state-supported, commuter college located in Fremont, Ohio. It has a long history of service to the community and of accomplishing its mission of providing students with the opportunity for quality learning experiences that are both accessible and affordable.
- Enrollment: 2,057 students
- In-state tuition: $5,064
- Out-state tuition: $9,408
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 12%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Black Student Union, Health Information Technology Student Organization, League of Adventurers, Medical Assisting Student Organization, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Relationships & Lifestyles, Student Government, Student Nursing Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Choir, Chamber Strings, Fusion Ensemble, Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra, The Contemporary Ensemble, The Terra Choral Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- In 1968, Terra State Community College was established as Vanguard Technical Institute in Fremont, Ohio. The institute was a night school that utilized the facilities of Vanguard Vocational Center. In 1969, the Ohio Board of Regents authorized the institution to grant an Associate Degree in Applied Business and an Associate Degree in Applied Science. Today the College sits on a robust 103-acre campus offering more than 60 degree and certificate programs as it continues to assist students in creating their futures and training the area workforce to meet the needs of business and industry.
- Terra State students experience learning from an outstanding faculty that boasts years of field experience in the area they are teaching. Classes can be taken in the traditional classroom setting or online that provides students the flexibility to learn on their schedule. Students also gain valuable hands-on experience that translates to real world situations they will experience after graduation. Terra State will help students enter the high demand fields of Computer Systems, Digital Media Technology, Electrical, Health Information Technology, Business Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Music Technology, Office Administration, Robotics, Welding and more.
- Terra State gives students the full college experience by being only the second community college in Ohio to offer student housing. The Landings at Terra Village opened in the fall of 2018. The 200-bed on-campus student residence boasts four room options 1-bed studio, 2-bed single, 2-bed double and 4-bed. All units have their own living, kitchen and bathroom areas. Rent is all-inclusive, including internet. All rooms are furnished with twin beds, desks, couches, a coffee table and more. Outside, residences enjoy television and benches for a quiet study area or relaxation.
- Terra State reinstated intercollegiate athletics in 2019. Now, in addition to other clubs and organizations, students can be a part of Titan athletics by cheering in the stands with the mascot, Titus the Titan, or trying out for the women`s volleyball team, women`s basketball team or men`s basketball team. The College has rejoined the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC).
- If you are still in middle or high school, Terra State can still help students prepare for their future with the College Credit Plus (CCP) program. Eligible 7th through 12th grade students can get a jumpstart on preparing for life after high school by earning college credit while still in school. Terra State makes it possible for students to graduate with a high school diploma and associate degree at the same time, moving them to the head of the class in preparation for continuing their education or entering the workforce.
- Terra State Community College will continue growing by helping individuals create their future. If you want to be better prepared to start or continue your education, begin by visiting terra.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Terra State Community College cost?
Terra State Community College's tuition is approximately $5,064 for In-State students and $9,408 for Out-State students.
What schools are Terra State Community College often compared to?
Terra State Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Owens Community College by visitors of our site.
What sports does Terra State Community College offer?
Terra State Community College offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Volleyball.