Terra State Community College
Tel: (419) 334-8400
Terra State Community College Photo #2 - The Landings at Terra Village is an on-campus residence hall equipped with over 200 beds.
Terra State Community College Photo #4 - Students at a volleyball game with Titus, the Terra State Titans mascot
- Terra State Community College is a two-year accredited, state-supported, commuter college located in Fremont, Ohio. It has a long history of service to the community and of accomplishing its mission of providing students with the opportunity for quality learning experiences that are both accessible and affordable.
- Terra State to offer scholarships for short-term certificate programs - 08/06/2020 - In partnership with the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Terra State Community College has announced the availability of scholarships for students enrolled in the Short Term Certification Programs.
$182,000 ...morein scholarships are available, with students being able to receive up to $2,000 each. Current and prospective students must show financial need, including impact from COVID-19. Eligible programs include those that are Pell eligible and non-Pell eligible. hide
- Applications open for Job Corps Scholars program - 07/16/2020 - More details, including eligibility requirements, for the Job Corps Scholars program at Terra State Community College have been decided.
As part of the Job Corps Scholars Grant from the ...moreU.S. Department of Labor, Terra State received $1,186,700 that will go toward providing at-risk youth with job skills instruction, educational opportunities and individualized employment counseling. Enrolled Job Corps students will earn academic credit hours during the program. hide
- Terra State Community College holds 51st Commencement ceremony - 06/25/2020 - Terra State Community College began honoring the 51st graduating class at the first day of three commencement ceremonies on Thursday, June 25. During these ceremonies, graduates have signed up for ...moreindividual time slots where they come to The Neeley Center on the Fremont campus with up to four guests, dressed in their cap and gown to receive their degree. All time slots are spaced apart by at least ten minutes and everyone entering the building is required to have a temperature scan and wear a mask or other facial covering. hide
- Terra State PTA program earns 10-year accreditation - 02/14/2020 - The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program at Terra State Community College recently received a 10-year reaffirmation on its accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The teacher population of 114 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Terra State Community College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||114 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,101 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||284 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,700||$30,800|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Health Information Technology Student Organization, League of Adventurers, Medical Assisting Student Organization, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Relationships & Lifestyles, Student Government, Student Nursing Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Choir, Chamber Strings, Fusion Ensemble, Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra, The Contemporary Ensemble, The Terra Choral Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1968, Terra State Community College was established as Vanguard Technical Institute in Fremont, Ohio. The institute was a night school that utilized the facilities of Vanguard Vocational Center. In 1969, the Ohio Board of Regents authorized the institution to grant an Associate Degree in Applied Business and an Associate Degree in Applied Science. Today the College sits on a robust 103-acre campus offering more than 60 degree and certificate programs as it continues to assist students in creating their futures and training the area workforce to meet the needs of business and industry.
- Terra State students experience learning from an outstanding faculty that boasts years of field experience in the area they are teaching. Classes can be taken in the traditional classroom setting or online that provides students the flexibility to learn on their schedule. Students also gain valuable hands-on experience that translates to real world situations they will experience after graduation. Terra State will help students enter the high demand fields of Computer Systems, Digital Media Technology, Electrical, Health Information Technology, Business Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Music Technology, Office Administration, Robotics, Welding and more.
- Terra State gives students the full college experience by being only the second community college in Ohio to offer student housing. The Landings at Terra Village opened in the fall of 2018. The 200-bed on-campus student residence boasts four room options 1-bed studio, 2-bed single, 2-bed double and 4-bed. All units have their own living, kitchen and bathroom areas. Rent is all-inclusive, including internet. All rooms are furnished with twin beds, desks, couches, a coffee table and more. Outside, residences enjoy television and benches for a quiet study area or relaxation.
- Terra State reinstated intercollegiate athletics in 2019. Now, in addition to other clubs and organizations, students can be a part of Titan athletics by cheering in the stands with the mascot, Titus the Titan, or trying out for the women`s volleyball team, women`s basketball team or men`s basketball team. The College has rejoined the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC).
- If you are still in middle or high school, Terra State can still help students prepare for their future with the College Credit Plus (CCP) program. Eligible 7th through 12th grade students can get a jumpstart on preparing for life after high school by earning college credit while still in school. Terra State makes it possible for students to graduate with a high school diploma and associate degree at the same time, moving them to the head of the class in preparation for continuing their education or entering the workforce.
- Terra State Community College will continue growing by helping individuals create their future. If you want to be better prepared to start or continue your education, begin by visiting terra.edu.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Terra State Community College is Owens Community College (25.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,561 students | 25.50 Mi30335 Oregon Rd
Perrysburg,  OH  43551
(567) 661-7000 25.5012,561
- 264 students | 25.80 Mi5202 Timber Commons Drive
Sandusky,  OH  44870
(419) 627-8345 25.80264
- 1,512 students | 29.40 Mi2221 Madison Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43604
(419) 251-1313 29.401,512
- 286 students | 31.00 Mi1505 Holland Road
Maumee,  OH  43537
(419) 720-6670 31.00286
- 369 students | 31.50 Mi1700 Fostoria Ave, Suite 100
Findlay,  OH  45840
(419) 423-2211 31.50369
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.