Terra State Community College
Terra State Community College Photo #2 - Terra State Community College - The Marsha S. Bordner Arts and Health Technologies Center
- Terra State Community College is a two-year accredited, state-supported, commuter college located in Fremont, Ohio. It has a long history of service to the community and of accomplishing its mission of providing students with the opportunity for quality learning experiences that are both accessible and affordable.
- The teacher population of 114 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Terra State Community College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||114 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,603 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||822 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,781 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Terra State offers many options for those who desire to take one course or a full curriculum leading to an Associate Degree in Applied Business, Applied Science, Arts, Individualized Study, Science or Technical Studies. Students who wish to continue their education may transfer credits to a four-year college or university. Terra State maintains a strong commitment to provide state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, library and instructors that give our students a quality technical education and a competitive edge in the job market. Terra State Community College's roots go back to September 1968, when the Vanguard Technical Institute opened to 78 full-time engineering and business students. The institute was a night school, using the facilities of Vanguard Vocational Center. Today, Terra State Community College sits on a 103-acre site,offers more than 100 degree and certificate programs and is a source of information and support to the entire community. Terra State Community College is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Terra State Community College is Ohio Business College-Sandusky (25.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 264 students | 25.70 Mi5202 Timber Commons Drive
Sandusky,  OH  44870
- 12,561 students | 25.80 Mi30335 Oregon Rd
Perrysburg,  OH  43551
- 2,287 students | 29.30 MiOne University Drive
Huron,  OH  44839
- 1,512 students | 29.70 Mi2221 Madison Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43604
- 369 students | 31.40 Mi1700 Fostoria Ave, Suite 100
Findlay,  OH  45840
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.