James A Rhodes State College
- Rhodes State College is a public, state-assisted institution of higher learning which is chartered to provide degree granting career education programs, non-credit workforce development, and consulting for business and industry. The College prepares students for entry into careers, develops the regional workforce through credit and non-credit occupational training, and offers curricular programs that prepare students for transfer completion baccalaureate programs at selected colleges and universities.
The teacher population of 147 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|James A Rhodes State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||147 staff||40 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lima Technical College was officially chartered in 1971 as a state, public assisted associate degree granting institution of higher education. A study conducted by community leaders in 1967 revealed the need for a number of technical educational programs to satisfy the employment demands of area businesses, industries and agencies. As a result, Penta Technical Institute of Perrysburg (now known as Owens Community College) established instructional programs on the Lima Campus in 1969. In the fall quarter of that year, a total of 49 students enrolled in the nursing program, the only course of instruction offered. Today, the College's on-line coursework and off-campus learning centers serve approximately 21 Ohio counties. The College has become West Central Ohio's largest two-year college, with nearly 3,000 students, offering more than 90 Associate degrees, majors and certificates programs. Additionally, it is the region's leading workforce development trainer, providing more than 2,100 specialized training courses to 18,000 employees in the past five years. Effective June 24, 2002, the College formally changed its name to James A. Rhodes State College, in honor of the former Ohio Governor who spearheaded the state's two-year college system. We prepare students to enter the workforce and assist them in pursuing their educational, career, and personal goals through exceptional program offerings in allied health, nursing, business, public service, information and engineering technologies. The Campus is located on 545 acres, 3 miles east of Lima. Rhodes State College is easily accessible. Classroom and laboratory space, comprising a total of 359,000 square feet, is available to sustain current programs in technical and continuing education. James A. Rhodes State College has gained accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to James A Rhodes State College is Ohio State University-Lima Campus (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,010 students | 0.00 Mi4240 Campus Dr
Lima,  OH  45804
(419) 995-8600 0.001,010
- 3,420 students | 6.50 Mi1441 N Cable Rd
Lima,  OH  45805
(419) 227-3141 6.503,420
- 1,063 students | 28.50 Mi7600 Lake Campus Drive
Celina,  OH  45822
(419) 586-0300 28.501,063
- 369 students | 30.60 Mi1700 Fostoria Ave, Suite 100
Findlay,  OH  45840
(419) 423-2211 30.60369
- 3,676 students | 41.20 Mi1973 Edison Dr
Piqua,  OH  45356
(937) 778-8600 41.203,676
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.