Barton County Community College
- The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Barton County Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||124 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,292 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,978 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,314 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Barton is known for its quality services, great history and tradition and ongoing excellence with tremendous faculty and staff. You have a district of wonderful constituents in a fine community. You have unique needs as an individual, and our curriculum is designed to serve them. You may want to start on a bachelor's degree, prepare for a vocation, or explore your alternatives. The type of degree or certificate earned associated with the different majors like Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science and Certificate. Community Education supports Barton's mission by providing innovative educational opportunities. Our success is defined by our ability to identify new educational markets, to develop and enhance quality instructional programs, to initiate and sustain partnerships with the campus community and the College's constituents, and to provide exceptional service that yields comprehensive student learning.
- The nearest community college to Barton County Community College is Pratt Community College (49.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,383 students | 49.20 Mi348 NE SR 61
Pratt,  KS  67124
- 5,718 students | 49.80 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
- 1,165 students | 57.60 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 537 students | 64.80 Mi2562 Centennial Road
Salina,  KS  67401
- 452 students | 66.30 Mi2106 South 9th Street
Salina,  KS  67401
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.