Barton County Community College
- The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Barton County Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||124 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,292 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,978 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,314 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Barton is known for its quality services, great history and tradition and ongoing excellence with tremendous faculty and staff. You have a district of wonderful constituents in a fine community. You have unique needs as an individual, and our curriculum is designed to serve them. You may want to start on a bachelor's degree, prepare for a vocation, or explore your alternatives. The type of degree or certificate earned associated with the different majors like Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science and Certificate. Community Education supports Barton's mission by providing innovative educational opportunities. Our success is defined by our ability to identify new educational markets, to develop and enhance quality instructional programs, to initiate and sustain partnerships with the campus community and the College's constituents, and to provide exceptional service that yields comprehensive student learning.
- The nearest community college to Barton County Community College is Pratt Community College (49.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,383 students | 49.20 Mi348 NE SR 61
Pratt,  KS  67124
- 5,718 students | 49.80 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
- 1,165 students | 57.60 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 537 students | 64.80 Mi2562 Centennial Road
Salina,  KS  67401
- 452 students | 66.30 Mi2106 South 9th Street
Salina,  KS  67401
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.