Barton County Community College
- The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Barton County Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||124 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,292 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,978 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,314 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Barton is known for its quality services, great history and tradition and ongoing excellence with tremendous faculty and staff. You have a district of wonderful constituents in a fine community. You have unique needs as an individual, and our curriculum is designed to serve them. You may want to start on a bachelor's degree, prepare for a vocation, or explore your alternatives. The type of degree or certificate earned associated with the different majors like Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science and Certificate. Community Education supports Barton's mission by providing innovative educational opportunities. Our success is defined by our ability to identify new educational markets, to develop and enhance quality instructional programs, to initiate and sustain partnerships with the campus community and the College's constituents, and to provide exceptional service that yields comprehensive student learning.
- The nearest community college to Barton County Community College is Hutchinson Community College (49.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,718 students | 49.80 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
(620) 665-3500 49.805,718
- 1,383 students | 52.70 Mi348 NE SR 61
Pratt,  KS  67124
(620) 672-5641 52.701,383
- 1,165 students | 57.80 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
(620) 241-0723 57.801,165
- 537 students | 65.10 Mi2562 Centennial Road
Salina,  KS  67401
(785) 309-3100 65.10537
- 452 students | 66.60 Mi2106 South 9th Street
Salina,  KS  67401
(785) 825-5422 66.60452
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.