Hutchinson Community College
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hutchinson Community College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,718 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,267 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,451 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||528||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,800||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hutchinson Community College/Area Vocational School will be the premier, two-year educational institution in Kansas, delivering accessible opportunities for learning, growth and improved quality of life. Hutchinson Community College and Area Vocational School has a reputation for excellence that spans nearly 70 years. Evolving from a traditional "junior college" to a full service community college/vocational school, HCC serves nearly 5,000 credit students every semester with a like number of individuals involved in community service and non-credit activities. There are two residence halls, Elland Hall and Kent Hall, providing on-campus housing for 391 students. They are conveniently located one block from the main campus. Services include commercial laundry machines, change and vending machines, TV lounges, microwaves on every floor and a cable TV outlet receiving 55 stations in each room, Roadrunner Internet access in each room, kitchenette and keycard access to the halls. Hutchinson Community College and Area Vocational School is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Hutchinson Community College is Central Christian College of Kansas (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,165 students | 24.30 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 428 students | 26.80 Mi301 South Main
Hesston,  KS  67062
- 259 students | 43.50 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
- 3,373 students | 43.50 Mi4004 N Webb Rd. Bldg 100
Wichita,  KS  67226
- 1,383 students | 49.20 Mi348 NE SR 61
Pratt,  KS  67124
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.