- Salina Tech is the fastest-growing college in Kansas, and is consistently ranked in the top 10% of two-year colleges in the United States. With programs as varied as Welding, Early Childhood Education and Police Science, we have the classes to prepare you for the career you want.
Salina Area Technical College serves 791 students (28% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 37%.
- Enrollment: 791 students
- In-state tuition: $4,893
- Out-state tuition: $4,893
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Verified school update
- Salina Tech sets spring enrollment record - 02/14/2023Salina Tech sets spring enrollment record
- Salina Tech sets enrollment record - 10/03/2022A decade-long streak of enrollment growth continues for Salina Area Technical College this fall, with the college again posting new records.According to data collected for the Kansas Board of Regents on the 20th day of fall classes, Salina Tech has 857 students, up five from the 852 in the fall of 2021.
- Salina Tech ranked as a top college - 09/19/2022The Chronicle of Higher Education has ranked Salina Area Technical College in the top 2 percent of two-year colleges across the United States, based on its graduation rate.
- Seeing double? Twins graduate from Salina Tech in the same field of study - 09/15/2021Rarely does a pair of twins find that they share similar interests, let alone want to pursue the same field of study in higher education.
Saturday afternoon, Beronica and Marcelle Cruz walked the stage to each receive an associate of applied science degree in electrical technology from Salina Tech.
The teacher population of 68 teachers has grown by 126% over five years.
Salina Area Technical College
(KS) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Salina Area Technical College has grown by 32% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Salina Area Technical College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,893 is more than the state average of $3,484. The in-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,893 is more than the state average of $4,443. The out-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
Profile last updated: 01/10/2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Salina Area Technical College cost?
Salina Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,893 for In-State students and $4,893 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Salina Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Salina Area Technical College is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.
Santa Monica College Introduces Two-Tier Pricing for Popular Classes
A new policy by Santa Monica College will charge higher prices for in-demand classes – more than four times the standard tuition rate! Scholarships are already being set up for low-income students to help them pay for those classes.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.