Salina Area Technical College
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Salina Area Technical College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||537 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||211 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||326 students||898 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Salina Area Technical College is Brown Mackie College-Salina (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 452 students | 1.50 Mi2106 South 9th Street
Salina,  KS  67401
- 1,165 students | 30.20 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 428 students | 46.90 Mi301 South Main
Hesston,  KS  67062
- 819 students | 49.60 Mi3033 US Highway 24
Beloit,  KS  67420
- 2,052 students | 52.50 Mi2221 Campus Dr
Concordia,  KS  66901
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.