Salina Area Technical College
- Salina Tech is the fastest-growing college in Kansas, and is consistently ranked in the top 10% of two-year colleges in the United States. With programs as varied as Welding, Early Childhood Education and Police Science, we have the classes to prepare you for the career you want.
Salina Area Technical College serves 791 students (28% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 37%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 791 students
- In-state tuition: $4,893
- Out-state tuition: $4,893
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Verified school update
- Salina Tech sets spring enrollment record - 02/14/2023Salina Tech sets spring enrollment record
- Salina Tech sets enrollment record - 10/03/2022A decade-long streak of enrollment growth continues for Salina Area Technical College this fall, with the college again posting new records.According to data collected for the Kansas Board of Regents ...moreon the 20th day of fall classes, Salina Tech has 857 students, up five from the 852 in the fall of 2021. hide
- Salina Tech ranked as a top college - 09/19/2022The Chronicle of Higher Education has ranked Salina Area Technical College in the top 2 percent of two-year colleges across the United States, based on its graduation rate.
- Seeing double? Twins graduate from Salina Tech in the same field of study - 09/15/2021Rarely does a pair of twins find that they share similar interests, let alone want to pursue the same field of study in higher education.
Saturday afternoon, Beronica and Marcelle ...moreCruz walked the stage to each receive an associate of applied science degree in electrical technology from Salina Tech. hide
- Kansas Guard partnership helps Soldiers earn degrees - 09/15/2021Active-duty, Reserve and National Guard Soldiers who take military occupational specialty conversion courses at the Kansas Army National Guard Regional Training Site for Maintenance now can walk away with more ...morethan a new MOS.
Students who enroll in the Synchronous Training for Academic Credit program and meet all requirements will be well on their way toward earning an Associate of Applied Science degree from Salina Area Technical College. hide
Salina Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 68 teachers has grown by 126% over five years.
Salina Area Technical College
(KS) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Salina Area Technical College has grown by 32% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Salina Area Technical College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,893 is more than the state average of $3,484. The in-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,893 is more than the state average of $4,443. The out-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
Profile last updated: 01/10/2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Salina Area Technical College cost?
Salina Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,893 for In-State students and $4,893 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Salina Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Salina Area Technical College is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What is Salina Area Technical College's ranking?
Salina Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kansas for: Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.