- Hesston College is a little nugget of paradise located just 30 minutes north of Wichita. As the only two-year college owned by Mennonite Church USA, we offer an environment and learning experience that is hard to match.
Hesston College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hesston College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||428 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||361 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||67 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||410||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,100||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With nearly 500 students, you'll find opportunities for life, learning, and leadership that are distinct even among small colleges. With a two-year general studies curriculum, you'll gain the kind of academic and professional preparation that most schools put off until the junior and senior years. With a spiritual dimension that permeates most of what we do, you'll become a valued member of a tightly-knit community of learners, teachers, and friends.
- The nearest community college to Hesston College is Central Christian College of Kansas (20.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,165 students | 20.00 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 5,718 students | 26.80 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
- 3,373 students | 28.40 Mi4004 N Webb Rd. Bldg 100
Wichita,  KS  67226
- 259 students | 30.10 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
- 9,003 students | 37.60 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.