- Hesston College is a little nugget of paradise located just 30 minutes north of Wichita. As the only two-year college owned by Mennonite Church USA, we offer an environment and learning experience that is hard to match.
Hesston College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hesston College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||428 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||361 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||67 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||410||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,100||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With nearly 500 students, you'll find opportunities for life, learning, and leadership that are distinct even among small colleges. With a two-year general studies curriculum, you'll gain the kind of academic and professional preparation that most schools put off until the junior and senior years. With a spiritual dimension that permeates most of what we do, you'll become a valued member of a tightly-knit community of learners, teachers, and friends.
- The nearest community college to Hesston College is Central Christian College of Kansas (20.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,165 students | 20.00 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
- 5,718 students | 26.80 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
- 3,373 students | 28.40 Mi4004 N Webb Rd. Bldg 100
Wichita,  KS  67226
- 259 students | 30.10 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
- 9,003 students | 37.60 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.