- The teacher population of 223 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Angelina College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||223 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,148 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,709 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,439 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||112||252|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Angelina County Junior College District was established by an election in September 24, 1966. The Education Committee of the Angelina County Chamber of Commerce sponsored the college district. At its regular meeting on December 12, 1966, the Board of Trustees elected Dr. Jack W. Hudgins, Dean of Grayson County College, as the first president of Angelina College. Construction of the original seven-building campus started in November of 1967. Angelina College opened its doors to 600 students in the fall of 1968 in six instructional buildings. The college awards Degrees & Certificates in Business, Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, Mathematics & Science, Health Careers and Technology & Workforce. Angelina College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees and certificates of completion. Credits earned at Angelina College may be transferred to senior college throughout the state and nation.
- The nearest community college to Angelina College is Jacksonville College-Main Campus (56.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 523 students | 56.90 Mi105 B J Albritton Dr
Jacksonville,  TX  75766
- 2,579 students | 64.10 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 342 students | 72.00 Mi20985 Interstate 45 South
Webster,  TX  77598
- 5,768 students | 75.70 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
- 134 students | 77.10 Mi1255 Fisher Rd
Many,  LA  71449
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.