Jacksonville College-Main Campus
Tel: (903) 586-2518
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #4 - Theatre provides opportunity for participation and great entertainment for all
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #6 - Campus is small and safe - a relaxing place to live and study
- Jacksonville College - a Christian, independent, coeducational, two-year liberal arts college owned and operated by the Baptist Missionary Association of Texas, is committed to our students realizing the full potential of their abilities and pursuing lives of service to the human community, through the effective integration of faith and learning in a distinctly Christian environment.
- Jacksonville College exists to provide a quality education from a biblical worldview that challenges minds, transforms lives, and equips students for servant leadership and lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jacksonville College-Main Campus||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||121 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ministerial Alliance, Phi Theta Kappa honor society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Cross Act Theatre
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jacksonville College [locally known as Jacksonville Baptist College] was established in 1899 as a 4-year college. In 1918, it was reorganized as a junior college and has remained so since. The college is located in a city of 14,000 inhabitants, nestled in the beautiful, rolling hills of East Texas. The city boasts several industries, a prosperous farming region, friendly people, a fine system of public schools, a national seminary and many fine churches. The college offers Associate Degree in the liberal arts and sciences. Jacksonville College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and the Junior College Diploma.
The nearest community college to Jacksonville College-Main Campus is Tyler Junior College (25.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,106 students | 25.40 Mi1400 East Fifth Street
Tyler, TX 75701
(903) 510-2200 25.4010,106
- 4,866 students | 37.30 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
(903) 984-8531 37.304,866
- 4,245 students | 37.30 Mi100 Cardinal Drive
Athens, TX 75751
(903) 675-6200 37.304,245
- 2,766 students | 55.80 Mi1109 W Panola Street
Carthage, TX 75633
(903) 693-2000 55.802,766
- 4,919 students | 57.00 Mi3500 South First
Lufkin, TX 75902
(936) 639-1301 57.004,919
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.