Jacksonville College-Main Campus
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #3 - Theatre provides opportunity for participation and great entertainment for all
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #6 - Campus is small and safe - a relaxing place to live and study
- Jacksonville College - a Christian, independent, coeducational, two-year liberal arts college owned and operated by the Baptist Missionary Association of Texas, is committed to our students realizing the full potential of their abilities and pursuing lives of service to the human community, through the effective integration of faith and learning in a distinctly Christian environment.
- Jacksonville College exists to provide a quality education from a biblical worldview that challenges minds, transforms lives, and equips students for servant leadership and lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jacksonville College-Main Campus||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||523 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||251 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||272 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,300||$33,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ministerial Alliance, Phi Theta Kappa honor society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Cross Act Theatre
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jacksonville College [locally known as Jacksonville Baptist College] was established in 1899 as a 4-year college. In 1918, it was reorganized as a junior college and has remained so since. The college is located in a city of 14,000 inhabitants, nestled in the beautiful, rolling hills of East Texas. The city boasts several industries, a prosperous farming region, friendly people, a fine system of public schools, a national seminary and many fine churches. The college offers Associate Degree in the liberal arts and sciences. Jacksonville College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and the Junior College Diploma.
- The nearest community college to Jacksonville College-Main Campus is Tyler Junior College (25.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,168 students | 25.40 Mi1400 East Fifth Street
Tyler,  TX  75701
- 5,768 students | 37.10 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
- 4,983 students | 37.40 Mi100 Cardinal Drive
Athens,  TX  75751
- 2,579 students | 55.80 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 5,148 students | 56.90 Mi3500 South First
Lufkin,  TX  75902
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.