Jacksonville College-Main Campus
Tel: (903) 586-2518
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #4 - Theatre provides opportunity for participation and great entertainment for all
Jacksonville College-Main Campus Photo #6 - Campus is small and safe - a relaxing place to live and study
- Jacksonville College - a Christian, independent, coeducational, two-year liberal arts college owned and operated by the Baptist Missionary Association of Texas, is committed to our students realizing the full potential of their abilities and pursuing lives of service to the human community, through the effective integration of faith and learning in a distinctly Christian environment.
- Jacksonville College exists to provide a quality education from a biblical worldview that challenges minds, transforms lives, and equips students for servant leadership and lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jacksonville College-Main Campus||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||76 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ministerial Alliance, Phi Theta Kappa honor society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Cross Act Theatre
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jacksonville College [locally known as Jacksonville Baptist College] was established in 1899 as a 4-year college. In 1918, it was reorganized as a junior college and has remained so since. The college is located in a city of 14,000 inhabitants, nestled in the beautiful, rolling hills of East Texas. The city boasts several industries, a prosperous farming region, friendly people, a fine system of public schools, a national seminary and many fine churches. The college offers Associate Degree in the liberal arts and sciences. Jacksonville College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and the Junior College Diploma.
The nearest community college to Jacksonville College-Main Campus is Tyler Junior College (25.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,168 students | 25.40 Mi1400 East Fifth Street
Tyler,  TX  75701
(903) 510-2200 25.4011,168
- 5,768 students | 37.30 Mi1100 Broadway
Kilgore,  TX  75662
(903) 984-8531 37.305,768
- 4,983 students | 37.30 Mi100 Cardinal Drive
Athens,  TX  75751
(903) 675-6200 37.304,983
- 2,579 students | 55.80 Mi1109 W Panola St
Carthage,  TX  75633
- 5,148 students | 57.00 Mi3500 South First
Lufkin,  TX  75902
(936) 639-1301 57.005,148
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!