- American National University is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The University seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others` ideas and thoughts. Graduates of American National University should understand and practice their responsibilities to their families, their fellow men and their communities by becoming effective and contributing citizens.
- Enrollment: 931 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,550
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 65%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, the college enrolls students at its 30+ campus locations in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to master degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. The University/College is interested in each individual becoming proficient in the disciplines necessary for his and her success, with the training necessary to be self-sufficient and enterprising and with the background necessary to be constantly expanding his or her intellectual and cultural horizons. Established in 1886 to provide Roanoke Valley citizens with training for business careers, and continues to build on its reputation among employers throughout Southwest Virginia. It is also the first National campus to offer a Masters course of study and the first to offer a Bachelors. The location is also home to the institution's main administrative offices. The Roanoke Valley Campus offers Master's Degree, Bachelor's Degrees, Associate's Degrees, Diploma Programs and Certification Programs. The institution is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, and diplomas.