American National University
- American National University is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The University seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others` ideas and thoughts. Graduates of American National University should understand and practice their responsibilities to their families, their fellow men and their communities by becoming effective and contributing citizens.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has declined by 42% over five years.
|American National University||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,337 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||539 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||798 students||860 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||513 students||615 students|
|# Graduate Students||26 students||91 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.52||0.62|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, the college enrolls students at its 30+ campus locations in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to master degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. The University/College is interested in each individual becoming proficient in the disciplines necessary for his and her success, with the training necessary to be self-sufficient and enterprising and with the background necessary to be constantly expanding his or her intellectual and cultural horizons. Established in 1886 to provide Roanoke Valley citizens with training for business careers, and continues to build on its reputation among employers throughout Southwest Virginia. It is also the first National campus to offer a Masters course of study and the first to offer a Bachelors. The location is also home to the institution's main administrative offices. The Roanoke Valley Campus offers Master's Degree, Bachelor's Degrees, Associate's Degrees, Diploma Programs and Certification Programs. The institution is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, and diplomas.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 191 students | 3.80 Mi5234 Airport Rd
Roanoke,  VA  24012
- 8,632 students | 4.50 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,257 students | 36.60 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 4,585 students | 39.40 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin,  VA  24084
- 2,853 students | 39.60 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.