Northern Virginia Community College
- Northern Virginia Community College is an open access, comprehensive community college offering two-year associate degrees, one-year certificates, and career studies certificates as well as continuing education and community services programs. NVCC, as one of the 23 colleges comprising the Virginia Community College System, is governed by the Virginia State Board for Community Colleges.
- Enrollment: 52,873 students
- In-state tuition: $3,882
- Out-state tuition: $8,616
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 67%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Northern Virginia Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) was established in 1964 as Northern Virginia Technical College to serve the eighth planning district. A statewide technical college system was established with 23 regions under legislation enacted by the Virginia General Assembly. In 1966, the College bought 78 acres in Annandale, which became the first of five permanent campus sites. The first building was constructed there and opened in 1967. That same year 100-acre sites were purchased for campuses in Sterling, Manassas, and Woodbridge. In 1969, a campus site was purchased for Alexandria. NVCC offers a wide range of programs meeting standards for transfer to baccalaureate degree programs in 4 year colleges and universities. We also offer developmental courses to assist students in developing skills to insure their success at the college, and community service/continuing education courses which serve to meet personal development needs and the needs for business/industry training and retraining. The Annandale Campus offerings include a variety of support classes, programs, and continuing education courses for transfer preparation and workforce partnerships. In addition to the in-class course offerings, our faculty offer a wide range of formats such as: distance learning, evenings, weekend college, and compressed weekends.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northern Virginia Community College cost?
Northern Virginia Community College's tuition is approximately $3,882 for In-State students and $8,616 for Out-State students.
What is Northern Virginia Community College's ranking?
Northern Virginia Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Virginia for: Least expensive tuition, Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.