Alabama Southern Community College
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Alabama Southern Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,398 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||869 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||529 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,800||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Alabama Southern Community College is a state-supported, fully accredited, comprehensive two-year college serving southwest Alabama with campuses in Monroeville, Thomasville, Gilbertown and Jackson. Wide selections of excellent university transfer and career programs, outstanding faculty and staff, small classes and friendly atmosphere have proven to be the right formula for success for over 80,000 alumni. Our graduates have distinguished themselves in every profession and career field. Highly qualified faculty and small classes mean big academic awards for you. Each campus offers a variety of degree programs for university transfer, business technology, nursing and forestry. Our active campus also gives you dozen of chances to become involved in social and leadership activities. Championship athletic programs keep school spirit high. Each campus has a student development office dedicated to helping students with everything from registration to free tutoring.
- The nearest community college to Alabama Southern Community College is Reid State Technical College (21.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 549 students | 21.90 MiI65 and Hwy 83
Evergreen,  AL  36401
- 1,086 students | 30.00 Mi220 Alco Dr
Brewton,  AL  36426
- 4,094 students | 50.70 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507
- 1,599 students | 51.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 1,731 students | 64.70 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.