Alabama Southern Community College serves 1,398 students (62% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,398 students
- In-state tuition: $4,260
- Out-state tuition: $7,650
- Student:teacher ratio: 26:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Alabama Southern Community College
(AL) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Alabama Southern Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Alabama Southern Community College diversity score of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,260 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,650 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Alabama Southern Community College is a state-supported, fully accredited, comprehensive two-year college serving southwest Alabama with campuses in Monroeville, Thomasville, Gilbertown and Jackson. Wide selections of excellent university transfer and career programs, outstanding faculty and staff, small classes and friendly atmosphere have proven to be the right formula for success for over 80,000 alumni. Our graduates have distinguished themselves in every profession and career field. Highly qualified faculty and small classes mean big academic awards for you. Each campus offers a variety of degree programs for university transfer, business technology, nursing and forestry. Our active campus also gives you dozen of chances to become involved in social and leadership activities. Championship athletic programs keep school spirit high. Each campus has a student development office dedicated to helping students with everything from registration to free tutoring.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Alabama Southern Community College cost?
Alabama Southern Community College's tuition is approximately $4,260 for In-State students and $7,650 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.