Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420)
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College is a public, two-year institution in the Alabama College System under the governance of the Alabama State Board of Education. The College offers career-oriented certificates and associate degrees, as well as university transfer courses and associate degrees. In addition, the College provides specialized training for business and industry, non-credit and continuing education, adult education and community services to the residents of its service area. With fundamental principles affirming the value of education, the freedom of teaching and learning, and the worth, dignity and personal development of each individual, the College provides an environment that emphasizes student success and achievement.
|Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420)||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Collegiate Civitan, LBWCC Ambassadors, Mu Alpha Theta, National Technical Honor Society, NonTraditional Student Association, Phi Theta Kappa, Science and Engineering Club, SkillsUSA, Student Government Association, Student Veterans and Military Association
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College (LBWCC) is distinguished by an outstanding, competent, and caring professional faculty; relevant programs of study for the real world; and leadership in the communities we serve for enhancing their quality of life through educational and cultural offerings.
- LBWCC offers two-year academic transfer programs and several career technical training programs. Campus locations in South Alabama are in Andalusia, Greenville, and Opp, and the Luverne Center is growing to include many new offerings.
- Our students benefit from a collegiate atmosphere close to home, numerous student clubs and organizations, and special events, such as the Ms. LBWCC Pageants, Saints Day, Blue and White Day, assembly programs, and special performances held in conjunction with the Covington Arts Council. LBWCC participates in intercollegiate athletics in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) in Men's and Women's Basketball, Baseball, and Softball.
- Each campus features a modern conference center, available for College and community events. Both the MacArthur (Opp) and Andalusia Campuses have walking/fitness trails, with the latter also offering a well-equipped fitness center, lighted tennis courts, the Evans Barnes Golf Course, and the City of Andalusia Dream Park.
- LBWCC is a great place to start your journey to achieving educational and career goals! Contact us with any questions on how to get started to accomplish your dreams!
The nearest community college to Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420) is Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420) (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,599 students | 1.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
(334) 222-6591 1.501,599
- 549 students | 31.50 MiI65 and Hwy 83
Evergreen,  AL  36401
(251) 578-1313 31.50549
- 2,304 students | 38.30 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
(334) 347-2623 38.302,304
- 4,854 students | 40.90 Mi1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan,  AL  36303
(334) 983-3521 40.904,854
- 6,708 students | 53.50 Mi100 College Blvd. E.
Niceville,  FL  32578
(850) 678-5111 53.506,708
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!