Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420)
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College is a public, two-year institution in the Alabama College System under the governance of the Alabama State Board of Education. The College offers career-oriented certificates and associate degrees, as well as university transfer courses and associate degrees. In addition, the College provides specialized training for business and industry, non-credit and continuing education, adult education and community services to the residents of its service area. With fundamental principles affirming the value of education, the freedom of teaching and learning, and the worth, dignity and personal development of each individual, the College provides an environment that emphasizes student success and achievement.
|Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420)||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||1,731 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Collegiate Civitan, LBWCC Ambassadors, Mu Alpha Theta, National Technical Honor Society, NonTraditional Student Association, Phi Theta Kappa, Science and Engineering Club, SkillsUSA, Student Government Association, Student Veterans and Military Association
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College (LBWCC) is distinguished by an outstanding, competent, and caring professional faculty; relevant programs of study for the real world; and leadership in the communities we serve for enhancing their quality of life through educational and cultural offerings.
- LBWCC offers two-year academic transfer programs and several career technical training programs. Campus locations in South Alabama are in Andalusia, Greenville, and Opp, and the Luverne Center is growing to include many new offerings.
- Our students benefit from a collegiate atmosphere close to home, numerous student clubs and organizations, and special events, such as the Ms. LBWCC Pageants, Saints Day, Blue and White Day, assembly programs, and special performances held in conjunction with the Covington Arts Council. LBWCC participates in intercollegiate athletics in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) in Men's and Women's Basketball, Baseball, and Softball.
- Each campus features a modern conference center, available for College and community events. Both the MacArthur (Opp) and Andalusia Campuses have walking/fitness trails, with the latter also offering a well-equipped fitness center, lighted tennis courts, the Evans Barnes Golf Course, and the City of Andalusia Dream Park.
- LBWCC is a great place to start your journey to achieving educational and career goals! Contact us with any questions on how to get started to accomplish your dreams!
- The nearest community college to Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420) is Lurleen B Wallace Community College (Andalusia - 36420) (13.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,599 students | 13.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 2,304 students | 26.70 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
- 4,854 students | 46.50 Mi1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan,  AL  36303
- 549 students | 46.60 MiI65 and Hwy 83
Evergreen,  AL  36401
- 1,086 students | 51.10 Mi220 Alco Dr
Brewton,  AL  36426
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.