- Jefferson Davis Community College , one of the public two-year colleges of the Alabama College System, provides accessible quality educational opportunities, promotes economic growth, and enhances the quality of life for the college service area.
Jefferson Davis Community College serves 1,086 students (53% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 1,086 students
- In-state tuition: $3,968
- Out-state tuition: $7,358
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Jefferson Davis Community College
(AL) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Jefferson Davis Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Jefferson Davis Community College diversity score of 0.56 is more than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,968 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,358 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has grown by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Jefferson Davis Community College is a comprehensive community college with campuses in Brewton and Atmore offering students a unique educational experience. Class sizes are small, allowing faculty to provide personalized instruction and hands-on training. The College is committed to providing access to the latest information technology. The Brewton campus, located at 220 Alco Drive, is naturally beautiful with acres of hardwoods and longleaf pines and a picturesque setting reminiscent of colonial Williamsburg. The campus provides students with traditional classrooms and laboratories, student housing, a gymnasium and playing fields, a performing arts center, and miles of walking trails. On-campus housing affords students the opportunity to experience independent living with all the benefits and security of small-town life. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a variety of instructional programs including academic transfer, technical and vocational programs, developmental education, adult education and GED classes, continuing education for personal enrichment, and training for business and industry. Extracurricular activities include athletic events, plays, musical productions, the Blueberry Festival, guest speakers, and other special programs throughout the year. Several student organizations are available such as the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the Student Government Association, and various religious associations. Students at JDCC have the added benefit of an extremely active Honors Program, awarding up to 30 scholarships per year. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a comprehensive financial aid package for students who attend. Financial aid comes in the form of federal as well as institutional funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jefferson Davis Community College cost?
Jefferson Davis Community College's tuition is approximately $3,968 for In-State students and $7,358 for Out-State students.
What is Jefferson Davis Community College's ranking?
Jefferson Davis Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Diversity in US community colleges.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.