Jefferson Davis Community College
- Jefferson Davis Community College , one of the public two-year colleges of the Alabama College System, provides accessible quality educational opportunities, promotes economic growth, and enhances the quality of life for the college service area.
- Enrollment: 1,086 students
- In-state tuition: $3,968
- Out-state tuition: $7,358
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Jefferson Davis Community College is a comprehensive community college with campuses in Brewton and Atmore offering students a unique educational experience. Class sizes are small, allowing faculty to provide personalized instruction and hands-on training. The College is committed to providing access to the latest information technology. The Brewton campus, located at 220 Alco Drive, is naturally beautiful with acres of hardwoods and longleaf pines and a picturesque setting reminiscent of colonial Williamsburg. The campus provides students with traditional classrooms and laboratories, student housing, a gymnasium and playing fields, a performing arts center, and miles of walking trails. On-campus housing affords students the opportunity to experience independent living with all the benefits and security of small-town life. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a variety of instructional programs including academic transfer, technical and vocational programs, developmental education, adult education and GED classes, continuing education for personal enrichment, and training for business and industry. Extracurricular activities include athletic events, plays, musical productions, the Blueberry Festival, guest speakers, and other special programs throughout the year. Several student organizations are available such as the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the Student Government Association, and various religious associations. Students at JDCC have the added benefit of an extremely active Honors Program, awarding up to 30 scholarships per year. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a comprehensive financial aid package for students who attend. Financial aid comes in the form of federal as well as institutional funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jefferson Davis Community College cost?
Jefferson Davis Community College's tuition is approximately $3,968 for In-State students and $7,358 for Out-State students.