Jefferson Davis Community College
- Jefferson Davis Community College , one of the public two-year colleges of the Alabama College System, provides accessible quality educational opportunities, promotes economic growth, and enhances the quality of life for the college service area.
The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson Davis Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||75 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jefferson Davis Community College is a comprehensive community college with campuses in Brewton and Atmore offering students a unique educational experience. Class sizes are small, allowing faculty to provide personalized instruction and hands-on training. The College is committed to providing access to the latest information technology. The Brewton campus, located at 220 Alco Drive, is naturally beautiful with acres of hardwoods and longleaf pines and a picturesque setting reminiscent of colonial Williamsburg. The campus provides students with traditional classrooms and laboratories, student housing, a gymnasium and playing fields, a performing arts center, and miles of walking trails. On-campus housing affords students the opportunity to experience independent living with all the benefits and security of small-town life. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a variety of instructional programs including academic transfer, technical and vocational programs, developmental education, adult education and GED classes, continuing education for personal enrichment, and training for business and industry. Extracurricular activities include athletic events, plays, musical productions, the Blueberry Festival, guest speakers, and other special programs throughout the year. Several student organizations are available such as the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the Student Government Association, and various religious associations. Students at JDCC have the added benefit of an extremely active Honors Program, awarding up to 30 scholarships per year. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a comprehensive financial aid package for students who attend. Financial aid comes in the form of federal as well as institutional funds.
The nearest community college to Jefferson Davis Community College is Reid State Technical College (23.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 396 students | 23.00 Mi100 and Hwy 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
(251) 578-1313 23.00396
- 1,398 students | 30.00 Mi2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville, AL 36460
(251) 575-3156 30.001,398
- 1,731 students | 38.40 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia, AL 36420
(334) 222-6591 38.401,731
- 1,784 students | 39.40 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia, AL 36420
(334) 222-6591 39.401,784
- 9,773 students | 43.30 Mi1000 College Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32504
(850) 484-1000 43.309,773
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.