Jefferson Davis Community College
- Jefferson Davis Community College , one of the public two-year colleges of the Alabama College System, provides accessible quality educational opportunities, promotes economic growth, and enhances the quality of life for the college service area.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 39% over five years.
|Jefferson Davis Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,086 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||577 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||509 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||128||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$29,700|
- Jefferson Davis Community College is a comprehensive community college with campuses in Brewton and Atmore offering students a unique educational experience. Class sizes are small, allowing faculty to provide personalized instruction and hands-on training. The College is committed to providing access to the latest information technology.The Brewton campus, located at 220 Alco Drive, is naturally beautiful with acres of hardwoods and longleaf pines and a picturesque setting reminiscent of colonial Williamsburg. The campus provides students with traditional classrooms and laboratories, student housing, a gymnasium and playing fields, a performing arts center, and miles of walking trails. On-campus housing affords students the opportunity to experience independent living with all the benefits and security of small-town life.Jefferson Davis Community College offers a variety of instructional programs including academic transfer, technical and vocational programs, developmental education, adult education and GED classes, continuing education for personal enrichment, and training for business and industry.Extracurricular activities include athletic events, plays, musical productions, the Blueberry Festival, guest speakers, and other special programs throughout the year. Several student organizations are available such as the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the Student Government Association, and various religious associations. Students at JDCC have the added benefit of an extremely active Honors Program, awarding up to 30 scholarships per year.Jefferson Davis Community College offers a comprehensive financial aid package for students who attend. Financial aid comes in the form of federal as well as institutional funds.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,398 students | 30.00 Mi2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville,  AL  36460
- 549 students | 33.70 MiI65 and Hwy 83
Evergreen,  AL  36401
- 1,599 students | 38.30 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 10,317 students | 43.50 Mi1000 College Blvd
Pensacola,  FL  32504
- 4,094 students | 44.50 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507