Reid State Technical College
- The mission and purpose of Reid State Technical College is to provide post secondary occupational education on a nondiscriminatory basis for individuals who desire to prepare for entry-level employment, advancement, or retraining in a career field. The training should meet the needs and standards of business, industry, and the professions, and also afford reasonable expectation of gainful employment.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 48% over five years.
|Reid State Technical College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||549 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||276 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||273 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Edith A. Gray Library and Technology Center includes new computers for students, new cutting edge classrooms, and a state of the art lecture hall. Instructors and staff are some of the finest professionals in the state. With hands-on instruction and small student-to-teacher ratio, technical education is quickly becoming the preferred path to a high demand career.All students entering Reid State Technical College are required to take the COMPASS placement test prior to registration if enrolling in more than 4 credit hours or 8 weekly contact hours. The assessment test is used to determine a student's knowledge in math, reading, and language. Students scoring below specified levels in each test will be required to enroll in developmental courses before enrolling in college-level math or English classes.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,398 students | 21.90 Mi2800 South Alabama Avenue
Monroeville,  AL  36460
- 1,086 students | 33.70 Mi220 Alco Dr
Brewton,  AL  36426
- 1,599 students | 34.70 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 1,731 students | 46.60 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 546 students | 58.50 Mi1712 Broad Street
Selma,  AL  36701
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.