- The mission and purpose of Reid State Technical College is to provide post secondary occupational education on a nondiscriminatory basis for individuals who desire to prepare for entry-level employment, advancement, or retraining in a career field. The training should meet the needs and standards of business, industry, and the professions, and also afford reasonable expectation of gainful employment.
Reid State Technical College serves 279 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 279 students
- In-state tuition: $4,320
- Out-state tuition: $7,710
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 58%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 61 teachers has grown by 125% over five years.
Reid State Technical College
(AL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Reid State Technical College has declined by 28% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Reid State Technical College diversity score of 0.52 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,320 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,710 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Edith A. Gray Library and Technology Center includes new computers for students, new cutting edge classrooms, and a state of the art lecture hall. Instructors and staff are some of the finest professionals in the state. With hands-on instruction and small student-to-teacher ratio, technical education is quickly becoming the preferred path to a high demand career. All students entering Reid State Technical College are required to take the COMPASS placement test prior to registration if enrolling in more than 4 credit hours or 8 weekly contact hours. The assessment test is used to determine a student's knowledge in math, reading, and language. Students scoring below specified levels in each test will be required to enroll in developmental courses before enrolling in college-level math or English classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Reid State Technical College cost?
Reid State Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,320 for In-State students and $7,710 for Out-State students.
Want to Lose Weight? How Your Community College Can Help
If you are looking to shed extra weight, your best source of support may be your community college. Learn about dieting programs, support groups, and even classes to help you get healthy.
How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
Learn about how community colleges are introducing programs that inspire young girls to achieve more academically, socially, and emotionally.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.