- WyoTech's history began in June 1966 when 22 students from Wyoming and surrounding states started their careers in Automotive Technology in Laramie, Wyoming. Since then, WyoTech has graduated over 26,000 students from across the nation and several foreign countries. This WyoTech Blairsville campus received its initial accreditation in October 2001 and has received approval from 48 state governing authorities. WyoTech has maintained a policy of constantly upgrading facilities and courses to meet growing demands of the automotive, diesel, and collision/refinishing industries. Blairsville is a close-knit community of approximately 4,000 citizens nestled in the Conemaugh River Valley with the Conemaugh River forming 180 degrees of the town's perimeter border. Blairsville is rich in history as one of the vital transportation links between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh that facilitated the settling of this great nation in it's infancy. Throughout its history, WyoTech has kept its instructors abreast of the latest techniques, added new equipment as needed, and updated curriculum as changes occurred in the industry. "Moving into the Future" is not simply a slogan at WyoTech, it is a commitment.
Wyo Tech-Blairsville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wyo Tech-Blairsville||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||8|
|Total Enrollment||906 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||906 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,400||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,599||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wyo Tech-Blairsville is Cambria-Rowe Business College-Indiana (12.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 95 students | 12.30 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 142 students | 19.20 Mi221 Central Ave
Johnstown,  PA  15902
- 186 students | 19.30 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
- 5,638 students | 23.10 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
- 2,814 students | 23.90 Mi101 Community College Way
Johnstown,  PA  15904
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.