- WyoTech's history began in June 1966 when 22 students from Wyoming and surrounding states started their careers in Automotive Technology in Laramie, Wyoming. Since then, WyoTech has graduated over 26,000 students from across the nation and several foreign countries. This WyoTech Blairsville campus received its initial accreditation in October 2001 and has received approval from 48 state governing authorities. WyoTech has maintained a policy of constantly upgrading facilities and courses to meet growing demands of the automotive, diesel, and collision/refinishing industries. Blairsville is a close-knit community of approximately 4,000 citizens nestled in the Conemaugh River Valley with the Conemaugh River forming 180 degrees of the town's perimeter border. Blairsville is rich in history as one of the vital transportation links between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh that facilitated the settling of this great nation in it's infancy. Throughout its history, WyoTech has kept its instructors abreast of the latest techniques, added new equipment as needed, and updated curriculum as changes occurred in the industry. "Moving into the Future" is not simply a slogan at WyoTech, it is a commitment.
Wyo Tech-Blairsville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wyo Tech-Blairsville||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||8|
|Total Enrollment||906 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||906 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,400||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,599||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wyo Tech-Blairsville is Cambria-Rowe Business College-Indiana (12.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 95 students | 12.30 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 142 students | 19.20 Mi221 Central Ave
Johnstown,  PA  15902
- 186 students | 19.30 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
- 5,638 students | 23.10 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
- 2,814 students | 23.90 Mi101 Community College Way
Johnstown,  PA  15904
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.