Commonwealth Technical Institute (Closed 2013)
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Commonwealth Technical Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||222 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||220 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$18,200||$34,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Commonwealth Technical Institute is Cambria-Rowe Business College-Johnstown (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 142 students | 1.90 Mi221 Central Ave
Johnstown,  PA  15902
- 2,814 students | 6.40 Mi101 Community College Way
Johnstown,  PA  15904
- 906 students | 17.60 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
- 95 students | 24.70 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 186 students | 31.20 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.