Commonwealth Technical Institute (Closed 2013)
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Commonwealth Technical Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||222 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||220 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$18,200||$34,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Commonwealth Technical Institute is Cambria-Rowe Business College-Johnstown (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 142 students | 1.90 Mi221 Central Ave
Johnstown,  PA  15902
- 2,814 students | 6.40 Mi101 Community College Way
Johnstown,  PA  15904
- 906 students | 17.60 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
- 95 students | 24.70 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 186 students | 31.20 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.