Pennsylvania Highlands Community College
Tel: (814) 262-6400
- At Pennsylvania Highlands, we are proud of our ability to offer you a high-quality, affordable education that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in today's competitive job market or in further advanced education. We offer over 35 associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates in a variety of areas to assist you in reaching your goals.
The teacher population of 110 teachers has grown by 32% over five years.
|Pennsylvania Highlands Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||36 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime/Video Gaming Club, Blair Center Activities Club, Bowling Club, Care Club, Cheer/Spirit/Dance, CRU, Ebensburg Center Activities Club, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Huntingdon Center Activities Club, Media Production Club, Music Club (Acapella), Phi Theta Kappa, Psychology Club, Rotaract Club, Sigma Alpha Pi, Somerset Center Activities Club, Student Veterans Association, Trojan Ambassador Club, Yes You Can
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College grants admission to individuals who have successfully earned a high school diploma or a GED high school equivalency. We accept applications year round and admit students on a rolling basis. All students applying are encouraged to contact a representative from the Admissions Office to ensure accurate completion of the application and appropriate goals are established.
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is Commonwealth Technical Institute (6.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 175 students | 6.30 Mi727 Goucher St
Johnstown,  PA  15905
(814) 255-8200 6.30175
- 906 students | 24.20 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
(724) 459-9500 24.20906
- 39 students | 27.90 Mi2900 Fairway Dr
Altoona,  PA  16602
(814) 201-2025 27.9039
- 120 students | 37.10 Mi222 E Pittsburgh St Ste A
Greensburg,  PA  15601
(724) 832-1050 37.10120
- 4,848 students | 38.40 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
(724) 925-4077 38.404,848
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.