West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg places among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia University at Parkersburg||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,985 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,674 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,311 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to West Virginia University at Parkersburg is Mountain State College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 158 students | 4.60 Mi1508 Spring St
Parkersburg,  WV  26101
- 1,758 students | 15.40 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 41.30 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 63 students | 56.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 4,009 students | 58.50 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.