West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
Top Placements (West Virginia)
Listed among the top community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
|West Virginia University at Parkersburg||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,985 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,674 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,311 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to West Virginia University at Parkersburg is Mountain State College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 158 students | 4.60 Mi1508 Spring St
Parkersburg,  WV  26101
- 1,758 students | 15.40 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 41.30 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 63 students | 56.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 4,009 students | 58.50 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.