- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg serves 2,624 students (46% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 15%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,624 students
- In-state tuition: $2,928
- Out-state tuition: $10,416
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 6%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
West Virginia University at Parkersburg ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
The teacher population of 239 teachers has grown by 68% over five years.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg
(WV) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of West Virginia University at Parkersburg has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The West Virginia University at Parkersburg diversity score of 0.12 is less than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has declined by 31% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,928 is less than the state average of $3,610. The in-state tuition has declined by 17% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,416 is more than the state average of $8,321. The out-state tuition has grown by 31% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does West Virginia University at Parkersburg cost?
West Virginia University at Parkersburg's tuition is approximately $2,928 for In-State students and $10,416 for Out-State students.
What is West Virginia University at Parkersburg's ranking?
West Virginia University at Parkersburg ranks among the top 20% of community college in West Virginia for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.