West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has declined by 21% over five years.
|West Virginia University at Parkersburg||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,985 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,674 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,311 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.06||0.24|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 158 students | 4.60 Mi1508 Spring St
Parkersburg,  WV  26101
- 1,758 students | 15.40 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 41.30 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 96 students | 47.90 Mi1176 Jackson Pke, Suite 312
Gallipolis,  OH  45631
- 63 students | 56.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.