West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg places among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia University at Parkersburg||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,985 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,674 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,311 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to West Virginia University at Parkersburg is Mountain State College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 158 students | 4.60 Mi1508 Spring St
Parkersburg,  WV  26101
- 1,758 students | 15.40 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 41.30 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 63 students | 56.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
- 4,009 students | 58.50 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.