West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- West Virginia University (WVU) Parkersburg is a public institution of higher education, affiliated with West Virginia University, separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and operated by the state of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is a higher education center offering community college programs and bachelor's degrees. It is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia. WVU Parkersburg is the only public community college in West Virginia accredited to offer baccalaureate degrees. It is the fifth largest institution of higher education in West Virginia. West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Opportunities include career pathways from certificate to baccalaureate, global studies, workplace experience, civic engagement, leadership studies.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
|West Virginia University at Parkersburg||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,985 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,674 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,311 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 158 students | 4.60 Mi1508 Spring St
Parkersburg,  WV  26101
- 1,758 students | 15.40 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 41.30 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 96 students | 47.90 Mi1176 Jackson Pke, Suite 312
Gallipolis,  OH  45631
- 63 students | 56.90 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!