Mountain State College
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In today’s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountain State College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||158 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||147 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11 students||625 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$16,500||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In today’s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy. At Mountain State College, we offer career programs, taught by professionals. We can help you build the future you deserve. Mountain State College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is designated as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education. Mountain State College is also approved for training of veterans.
- The nearest community college to Mountain State College is West Virginia University at Parkersburg (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,985 students | 4.60 Mi300 Campus Drive
Parkersburg,  WV  26104
- 1,758 students | 12.50 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 37.80 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 2,116 students | 53.90 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 4,009 students | 54.10 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.