Mountain State College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (304) 485-5487
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In todayï¿½s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountain State College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In todayï¿½s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy. At Mountain State College, we offer career programs, taught by professionals. We can help you build the future you deserve. Mountain State College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is designated as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education. Mountain State College is also approved for training of veterans.
The nearest community college to Mountain State College is West Virginia University at Parkersburg (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,403 students | 4.60 Mi300 Campus Drive
Parkersburg,  WV  26104
(304) 424-8000 4.602,403
- 1,797 students | 12.50 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
(740) 374-8716 12.501,797
- 3,462 students | 37.80 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
(740) 753-3591 37.803,462
- 1,103 students | 53.90 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
(740) 453-0762 53.901,103
- 2,275 students | 54.10 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
(740) 588-5000 54.102,275
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.