Mountain State College
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In today’s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountain State College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||158 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||147 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11 students||625 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$16,500||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1888, Mountain State College is committed to the educational and personal enrichment of each student. In today’s competitive job market, an education is an investment in your future. It gives you the opportunity to have a career in a field that you enjoy. At Mountain State College, we offer career programs, taught by professionals. We can help you build the future you deserve. Mountain State College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is designated as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education. Mountain State College is also approved for training of veterans.
- The nearest community college to Mountain State College is West Virginia University at Parkersburg (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,985 students | 4.60 Mi300 Campus Drive
Parkersburg,  WV  26104
- 1,758 students | 12.50 Mi710 Colegate Dr
Marietta,  OH  45750
- 3,474 students | 37.80 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 4,009 students | 54.00 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 2,116 students | 54.20 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.