Washington State Community College
- Washington State Community College will enrich the lives of students, families, and the community through education, training, community service and cultural activities.
Washington State Community College serves 1,904 students (36% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,904 students
- In-state tuition: $4,235
- Out-state tuition: $8,315
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 5%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Washington State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 158 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
Washington State Community College
(OH) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
The student population of Washington State Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Washington State Community College diversity score of 0.10 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,235 is less than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,315 is less than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
instate, out of stat
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Washington State Community College is a state-assisted, two-year comprehensive community college offering over 50 programs of study. The designated service area of the College includes Washington and Morgan Counties, but a significant number of students from across southeastern Ohio and nearby counties in West Virginia also are enrolled. The College was founded in 1971 as Washington Technical Institute with its one building campus located on St. Rt. 676 in Marietta. In 1972 the name became Washington Technical College as part of a reorganization of Ohio's higher education system. In 1991, the College was re-chartered as Washington State Community College and at the same time relocated to its current campus at 710 Colegate Drive in Marietta. The Washington State campus, which opened with one building in 1991, has grown to include six structures: the Main Building, Arts & Sciences Center, Carson K. Miller Library, Center for Business and Technology, Evergreen Child Development Center, and a maintenance building. The College occupies nearly 155 acres of wooded land. In 2004, the College created a master plan for campus growth with a vision for addition of a conference center, an Appalachian arts center with an amphitheater, and a health sciences building, as well as improvements to the campus entrances and parking. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commisions and offers transfer programs as well as applied/technical programs in business, engineering/industrial technologies, health sciences, and public services.
Profile last updated: 03/26/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Washington State Community College cost?
Washington State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,235 for In-State students and $8,315 for Out-State students.
What is Washington State Community College's ranking?
Washington State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Least debt for graduating students.
Getting into Law School with a Community College Degree
You don't have to be a pre-law major to get into law school, but how will your application be impacted by your community college degree?
Happier Families Start at Community College Parenting Courses
Your local community college is an excellent resource for free parenting classes. Take advantage of the learning opportunities and give your baby the best start in life.
The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007
Learn more about The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 ("CCRAA" or the "Act"), which was enacted to make college more affordable for low- and moderate-income students by phasing in increases in government grants.