Washington State Community College
- Washington State Community College will enrich the lives of students, families, and the community through education, training, community service and cultural activities.
- Enrollment: 1,904 students
- In-state tuition: $4,235
- Out-state tuition: $8,315
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 5%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Washington State Community College is a state-assisted, two-year comprehensive community college offering over 50 programs of study. The designated service area of the College includes Washington and Morgan Counties, but a significant number of students from across southeastern Ohio and nearby counties in West Virginia also are enrolled. The College was founded in 1971 as Washington Technical Institute with its one building campus located on St. Rt. 676 in Marietta. In 1972 the name became Washington Technical College as part of a reorganization of Ohio's higher education system. In 1991, the College was re-chartered as Washington State Community College and at the same time relocated to its current campus at 710 Colegate Drive in Marietta. The Washington State campus, which opened with one building in 1991, has grown to include six structures: the Main Building, Arts & Sciences Center, Carson K. Miller Library, Center for Business and Technology, Evergreen Child Development Center, and a maintenance building. The College occupies nearly 155 acres of wooded land. In 2004, the College created a master plan for campus growth with a vision for addition of a conference center, an Appalachian arts center with an amphitheater, and a health sciences building, as well as improvements to the campus entrances and parking. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commisions and offers transfer programs as well as applied/technical programs in business, engineering/industrial technologies, health sciences, and public services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Washington State Community College cost?
Washington State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,235 for In-State students and $8,315 for Out-State students.
What is Washington State Community College's ranking?
Washington State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Least debt for graduating students.