West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown
- Founded in 1922, WVJC is located in Morgantown, WV, just a minute’s walk from the West Virginia University campus. We are a small college in a large university community. Our goal is to provide you with the skills you need to begin your career in a short period of time. Through career-focused classes and hands-on training, you can earn an associate degree in months not years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||373 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||373 students||435 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- WVJC's programs are designed to help you finish with a first-rate education, all while keeping the needs of potential employers in mind. The skills you'll learn at WVJC are the skills you'll need to succeed in your career. The college offers programs in Business, Health Care, Technology and Legal field. Along with academic credentials and certifications, our faculty brings industry knowledge to the classroom, helping students understand both theory and real-world reality. WVJC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and award diplomas and academic associate degrees. The school is also approved for the training of veterans.
- The nearest community college to West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown is Pierpont Community and Technical College (15.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,838 students | 15.20 Mi1201 Locust Ave
Fairmont,  WV  26554
- 233 students | 22.30 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
- 717 students | 22.40 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
- 104 students | 27.10 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
- 188 students | 29.40 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.