West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown
- Founded in 1922, WVJC is located in Morgantown, WV, just a minute’s walk from the West Virginia University campus. We are a small college in a large university community. Our goal is to provide you with the skills you need to begin your career in a short period of time. Through career-focused classes and hands-on training, you can earn an associate degree in months not years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- WVJC's programs are designed to help you finish with a first-rate education, all while keeping the needs of potential employers in mind. The skills you'll learn at WVJC are the skills you'll need to succeed in your career. The college offers programs in Business, Health Care, Technology and Legal field. Along with academic credentials and certifications, our faculty brings industry knowledge to the classroom, helping students understand both theory and real-world reality. WVJC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and award diplomas and academic associate degrees. The school is also approved for the training of veterans.
The nearest community college to West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown is Pierpont Community and Technical College (15.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,838 students | 15.10 Mi1201 Locust Ave
Fairmont,  WV  26554
(304) 333-3684 15.102,838
- 233 students | 22.20 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
(724) 439-4900 22.20233
- 104 students | 26.30 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
(724) 437-4600 26.30104
- 717 students | 26.90 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
(724) 430-4100 26.90717
- 188 students | 29.40 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
(304) 842-4007 29.40188
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.