West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown
- Founded in 1922, WVJC is located in Morgantown, WV, just a minute’s walk from the West Virginia University campus. We are a small college in a large university community. Our goal is to provide you with the skills you need to begin your career in a short period of time. Through career-focused classes and hands-on training, you can earn an associate degree in months not years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||373 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||373 students||435 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- WVJC's programs are designed to help you finish with a first-rate education, all while keeping the needs of potential employers in mind. The skills you'll learn at WVJC are the skills you'll need to succeed in your career. The college offers programs in Business, Health Care, Technology and Legal field. Along with academic credentials and certifications, our faculty brings industry knowledge to the classroom, helping students understand both theory and real-world reality. WVJC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and award diplomas and academic associate degrees. The school is also approved for the training of veterans.
- The nearest community college to West Virginia Junior College-Morgantown is Pierpont Community and Technical College (15.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,838 students | 15.20 Mi1201 Locust Ave
Fairmont,  WV  26554
- 233 students | 22.30 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
- 717 students | 22.40 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
- 104 students | 27.10 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
- 188 students | 29.40 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.