Pierpont Community and Technical College
- The teacher population of 121 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pierpont Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||121 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,838 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,089 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||749 students||625 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||20|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pierpont Community and Technical College is West Virginia Junior College-Bridgeport (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 188 students | 14.80 Mi176 Thompson Dr.
Bridgeport,  WV  26330
- 373 students | 15.20 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
- 233 students | 37.20 Mi11 East Penn St
Uniontown,  PA  15401
- 717 students | 37.40 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
- 104 students | 42.20 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.