Tel: (304) 252-9547
- Valley College of Technology is a West Virginia Corporation first established in 1979 by Control Data Corporation. The Martinsburg and Beckley campuses were founded in 1983, and the Princeton campus in 1986. Our objectives are to provide quality training, utilize the latest technology, provide career-oriented programs, meet the educational needs of the community, meet the professional needs of the community, to help you succeed.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Valley College-Beckley||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Valley College-Beckley is New River Community and Technical College (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,551 students | 3.20 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
(304) 929-5450 3.202,551
- 1,162 students | 28.10 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 28.101,162
- 89 students | 29.50 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton,  WV  24740
(304) 425-2323 29.5089
- 1,563 students | 36.40 Mi219 Rock St
Bluefield,  WV  24701
(304) 327-4000 36.401,563
- 259 students | 40.20 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 40.20259
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!