- Valley College of Technology is a West Virginia Corporation first established in 1979 by Control Data Corporation. The Martinsburg and Beckley campuses were founded in 1983, and the Princeton campus in 1986. Our objectives are to provide quality training, utilize the latest technology, provide career-oriented programs, meet the educational needs of the community, meet the professional needs of the community, to help you succeed.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Valley College-Beckley||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||331 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||83:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||331 students||435 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,900||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,551 students | 2.10 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
- 89 students | 28.20 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton,  WV  24740
- 1,162 students | 29.30 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 1,563 students | 34.60 Mi219 Rock St
Bluefield,  WV  24701
- 259 students | 41.10 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.