- Valley College of Technology is a West Virginia Corporation first established in 1979 by Control Data Corporation. The Martinsburg and Beckley campuses were founded in 1983, and the Princeton campus in 1986. Our objectives are to provide quality training, utilize the latest technology, provide career-oriented programs, meet the educational needs of the community, meet the professional needs of the community, to help you succeed.
Valley College-Beckley places among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Valley College-Beckley||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||331 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||83:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||331 students||435 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,900||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Valley College-Beckley is New River Community and Technical College (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,551 students | 2.10 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
- 89 students | 28.20 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton,  WV  24740
- 1,162 students | 29.30 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 1,563 students | 34.60 Mi219 Rock St
Bluefield,  WV  24701
- 259 students | 41.10 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
We offer smart advice to students entering community college this fall to ensure they reap the greatest benefits from their time at the college.
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.