Tel: (304) 252-9547
- Valley College of Technology is a West Virginia Corporation first established in 1979 by Control Data Corporation. The Martinsburg and Beckley campuses were founded in 1983, and the Princeton campus in 1986. Our objectives are to provide quality training, utilize the latest technology, provide career-oriented programs, meet the educational needs of the community, meet the professional needs of the community, to help you succeed.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Valley College-Beckley||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||11|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Valley College-Beckley is New River Community and Technical College (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,169 students | 3.20 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813
(304) 929-5450 3.201,169
- 1,162 students | 28.10 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery, WV 25136
(304) 734-6601 28.101,162
- 50 students | 29.50 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton, WV 24740
(304) 425-2323 29.5050
- 1,275 students | 36.40 Mi219 Rock St
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304) 327-4000 36.401,275
- 170 students | 40.20 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 40.20170
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?