Laurel Business Institute
- Laurel Business Institute will strive to provide the highest quality career education and professional certifications for individuals seeking employment in various programs in response to the needs of the regional employer community.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
|Laurel Business Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||233 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||233 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our goal is to provide you with quality career education and to help you develop your talents, skills, and knowledge for a sustainable career in a strong and viable industry. Laurel Business Institute, was established in 1985 in Uniontown, Pennsylvania in order to meet the employment and training needs of the business community. We were originally located on the eighth floor of the what was then the Gallatin Bank building, and it was here that we began growing. We found a new location in 1991 when we purchased our first building. This structure, pictured above and located on Penn Street, was formerly West Penn Power and West Penn Railways Company, Uniontown's primary trolley and bus depot through the early and mid 1900s. The school's second building (1999), across the street from the Penn Street facility on the corner of Penn and Beeson Boulevard, was built in 1924 and was Uniontown's original downtown Sears, Roebuck and Company. Programs offered at Laurel Business Institute includes Accounting & Business, Child Care, Cosmetology, Health Care, Information Technology, Massage, Office Administration and Certifications.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 717 students | 0.50 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
- 104 students | 5.20 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
- 267 students | 19.90 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
- 373 students | 22.30 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
- 5,638 students | 24.50 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.