Laurel Business Institute
- Laurel Business Institute will strive to provide the highest quality career education and professional certifications for individuals seeking employment in various programs in response to the needs of the regional employer community.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Laurel Business Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our goal is to provide you with quality career education and to help you develop your talents, skills, and knowledge for a sustainable career in a strong and viable industry. Laurel Business Institute, was established in 1985 in Uniontown, Pennsylvania in order to meet the employment and training needs of the business community. We were originally located on the eighth floor of the what was then the Gallatin Bank building, and it was here that we began growing. We found a new location in 1991 when we purchased our first building. This structure, pictured above and located on Penn Street, was formerly West Penn Power and West Penn Railways Company, Uniontown's primary trolley and bus depot through the early and mid 1900s. The school's second building (1999), across the street from the Penn Street facility on the corner of Penn and Beeson Boulevard, was built in 1924 and was Uniontown's original downtown Sears, Roebuck and Company. Programs offered at Laurel Business Institute includes Accounting & Business, Child Care, Cosmetology, Health Care, Information Technology, Massage, Office Administration and Certifications.
The nearest community college to Laurel Business Institute is Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 88 students | 4.70 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
(724) 437-4600 4.7088
- 640 students | 4.90 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
(724) 430-4100 4.90640
- 213 students | 19.90 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
(724) 684-3684 19.90213
- 540 students | 22.20 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
(304) 296-8282 22.20540
- 4,848 students | 24.50 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
(724) 925-4077 24.504,848
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.