Laurel Business Institute
- Laurel Business Institute will strive to provide the highest quality career education and professional certifications for individuals seeking employment in various programs in response to the needs of the regional employer community.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Laurel Business Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||233 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||233 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our goal is to provide you with quality career education and to help you develop your talents, skills, and knowledge for a sustainable career in a strong and viable industry. Laurel Business Institute, was established in 1985 in Uniontown, Pennsylvania in order to meet the employment and training needs of the business community. We were originally located on the eighth floor of the what was then the Gallatin Bank building, and it was here that we began growing. We found a new location in 1991 when we purchased our first building. This structure, pictured above and located on Penn Street, was formerly West Penn Power and West Penn Railways Company, Uniontown's primary trolley and bus depot through the early and mid 1900s. The school's second building (1999), across the street from the Penn Street facility on the corner of Penn and Beeson Boulevard, was built in 1924 and was Uniontown's original downtown Sears, Roebuck and Company. Programs offered at Laurel Business Institute includes Accounting & Business, Child Care, Cosmetology, Health Care, Information Technology, Massage, Office Administration and Certifications.
- The nearest community college to Laurel Business Institute is Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 104 students | 4.70 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
- 717 students | 4.90 Mi2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace,  PA  15456
- 267 students | 19.90 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
- 373 students | 22.20 Mi148 Willey St
Morgantown,  WV  26505
- 5,638 students | 24.50 Mi145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood,  PA  15697
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.