Ohio University-Zanesville Campus
- Ohio University-lancaster branch is one of five Regional Campuses of Ohio University serving southeastern Ohio and the neighboring communities of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Ohio University was established in 1804 as the first university in the state of Ohio and the Northwest Territory.
Ohio University-Zanesville Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio University-Zanesville Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||61 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,116 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||902 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,214 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1946, Ohio University-Zanesville began a tradition of providing the education of a major research university, while maintaining the individualized attention associated with a small, liberal arts college. Ohio University-Zanesville serves commuter students who seek associate, bachelor's or master's degrees, community education, or business and industry training. Our students join us right out of high school, from years of working on the job, or from other colleges, universities or technical schools. With a small, friendly staff and more than 50 accessible faculty, Ohio University-Zanesville provides a high quality educational experience complete with academic advising, tutoring, and specialized testing services. Our facilities feature state-of-the-art wireless internet access, a cafeteria, a coffee café, bookstore, a 62,000 volume library with vast electronic databases and resources, a fitness center and the Collegial Woods walking trails. Ohio University-Zanesville offers flexibly scheduled classes in Zanesville and Cambridge . Combine this flexibility with student groups such as Alpha Phi Omega, Student Senate; intramural sports; and cultural activities to round out your university experience. OUZ is here in your community to meet your family's educational needs.
- The nearest community college to Ohio University-Zanesville Campus is Zane State College (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,009 students | 0.30 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 3,567 students | 23.10 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
- 2,396 students | 23.10 Mi1179 University Dr
Newark,  OH  43055
- 2,464 students | 33.00 Mi1570 Granville Pike
Lancaster,  OH  43130
- 45 students | 36.10 Mi2745 Winchester Pike
Columbus,  OH  43232
Learn about the growing trend of obtaining your bachelor's degree in community college.
In recent years, community colleges have been granted permission to offer four-year degrees. For some, this represents a great opportunity to get an education at an affordable price. But for others, worry with regard to the quality of these newly established programs is a point of concern.
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.