University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus
- As a branch campus of the largest university in the state, we are able to offer our students many of the same benefits available on the Albuquerque campus. With an average class size of 15 students, UNM-LA provides the individual attention more often found at a small liberal arts college than at a state university.
- Enrollment: 929 students
- In-state tuition: $1,770
- Out-state tuition: $4,884
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 68%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our exceptional faculty make teaching their top priority. Because of our proximity to Los Alamos National Laboratory, we have been able to attract top faculty in many areas, including technology and the sciences, and many of our students eventually become lab employees. Los Alamos offers excellent employment opportunities in both the public and private sector and UNM-LA works closely with local employers to help students prepare for careers in fields where job prospects are good. UNM-LA currently offers 19 associate degrees and 15 certificate programs and is also an excellent place to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. UNM-LA can prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university by its offering of general education requirements and specifically those that satisfy the UNM Core Curriculum. UNM-LA encourages students to participate in campus life. Whether your interests lie with student government, art, music or community service, you'll be encouraged to contribute your talents in making UNMLA an interesting place to be. We have a beautiful campus and our Student Center is a great place to meet other students, play pool, watch movies, or get a meal. UNM-LA offers a full range of educational opportunities, including Community Education for both children and adults and Adult Basic Education classes. Through UNM's Extended University, students may complete a bachelor's or a master's degree in selected majors. UNM-LA specializes in courses geared to those completing the first two years of college and to those interested in earning a two-year associate's degree or a certificate in a particular field of study.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus cost?
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus's tuition is approximately $1,770 for In-State students and $4,884 for Out-State students.
What is University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus's ranking?
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Mexico for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).