University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus
- As a branch campus of the largest university in the state, we are able to offer our students many of the same benefits available on the Albuquerque campus. With an average class size of 15 students, UNM-LA provides the individual attention more often found at a small liberal arts college than at a state university.
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||848 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||178 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||670 students||1,189 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||60||90|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,000||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our exceptional faculty make teaching their top priority. Because of our proximity to Los Alamos National Laboratory, we have been able to attract top faculty in many areas, including technology and the sciences, and many of our students eventually become lab employees. Los Alamos offers excellent employment opportunities in both the public and private sector and UNM-LA works closely with local employers to help students prepare for careers in fields where job prospects are good. UNM-LA currently offers 19 associate degrees and 15 certificate programs and is also an excellent place to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. UNM-LA can prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university by its offering of general education requirements and specifically those that satisfy the UNM Core Curriculum. UNM-LA encourages students to participate in campus life. Whether your interests lie with student government, art, music or community service, you'll be encouraged to contribute your talents in making UNMLA an interesting place to be. We have a beautiful campus and our Student Center is a great place to meet other students, play pool, watch movies, or get a meal. UNM-LA offers a full range of educational opportunities, including Community Education for both children and adults and Adult Basic Education classes. Through UNM's Extended University, students may complete a bachelor's or a master's degree in selected majors. UNM-LA specializes in courses geared to those completing the first two years of college and to those interested in earning a two-year associate's degree or a certificate in a particular field of study.
- The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus is Northern New Mexico College (15.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 15.30 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 162 students | 22.80 Mi3960 San Felipe
Santa Fe,  NM  87507
- 6,242 students | 26.50 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
- 1,793 students | 48.60 Mi1157 County Road 110
Ranchos De Taos,  NM  87557
- 892 students | 56.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.