University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (505) 662-5919
- As a branch campus of the largest university in the state, we are able to offer our students many of the same benefits available on the Albuquerque campus. With an average class size of 15 students, UNM-LA provides the individual attention more often found at a small liberal arts college than at a state university.
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our exceptional faculty make teaching their top priority. Because of our proximity to Los Alamos National Laboratory, we have been able to attract top faculty in many areas, including technology and the sciences, and many of our students eventually become lab employees. Los Alamos offers excellent employment opportunities in both the public and private sector and UNM-LA works closely with local employers to help students prepare for careers in fields where job prospects are good. UNM-LA currently offers 19 associate degrees and 15 certificate programs and is also an excellent place to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. UNM-LA can prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university by its offering of general education requirements and specifically those that satisfy the UNM Core Curriculum. UNM-LA encourages students to participate in campus life. Whether your interests lie with student government, art, music or community service, you'll be encouraged to contribute your talents in making UNMLA an interesting place to be. We have a beautiful campus and our Student Center is a great place to meet other students, play pool, watch movies, or get a meal. UNM-LA offers a full range of educational opportunities, including Community Education for both children and adults and Adult Basic Education classes. Through UNM's Extended University, students may complete a bachelor's or a master's degree in selected majors. UNM-LA specializes in courses geared to those completing the first two years of college and to those interested in earning a two-year associate's degree or a certificate in a particular field of study.
The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus is Northern New Mexico College (15.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 926 students | 15.30 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola, NM 87532
(505) 747-2100 15.30926
- 176 students | 22.80 Mi3960 San Felipe Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 467-6805 22.80176
- 4,207 students | 26.40 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87508
(505) 428-1000 26.404,207
- 565 students | 56.10 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505) 881-1234 56.10565
- 23,553 students | 58.50 Mi525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 224-3000 58.5023,553
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.