- As a branch campus of the largest university in the state, we are able to offer our students many of the same benefits available on the Albuquerque campus. With an average class size of 15 students, UNM-LA provides the individual attention more often found at a small liberal arts college than at a state university.
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus serves 929 students (16% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 68% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 70%.
- Enrollment: 929 students
- In-state tuition: $1,770
- Out-state tuition: $4,884
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 68%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus
(NM) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,770 is less than the state average of $2,058. The in-state tuition has declined by 20% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,884 is more than the state average of $4,616. The out-state tuition has declined by 12% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Our exceptional faculty make teaching their top priority. Because of our proximity to Los Alamos National Laboratory, we have been able to attract top faculty in many areas, including technology and the sciences, and many of our students eventually become lab employees. Los Alamos offers excellent employment opportunities in both the public and private sector and UNM-LA works closely with local employers to help students prepare for careers in fields where job prospects are good. UNM-LA currently offers 19 associate degrees and 15 certificate programs and is also an excellent place to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. UNM-LA can prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university by its offering of general education requirements and specifically those that satisfy the UNM Core Curriculum. UNM-LA encourages students to participate in campus life. Whether your interests lie with student government, art, music or community service, you'll be encouraged to contribute your talents in making UNMLA an interesting place to be. We have a beautiful campus and our Student Center is a great place to meet other students, play pool, watch movies, or get a meal. UNM-LA offers a full range of educational opportunities, including Community Education for both children and adults and Adult Basic Education classes. Through UNM's Extended University, students may complete a bachelor's or a master's degree in selected majors. UNM-LA specializes in courses geared to those completing the first two years of college and to those interested in earning a two-year associate's degree or a certificate in a particular field of study.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus cost?
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus's tuition is approximately $1,770 for In-State students and $4,884 for Out-State students.
What is University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus's ranking?
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Mexico for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.