Santa Fe Community College
- The teacher population of 424 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Fe Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||424 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,242 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,364 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,878 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1983, Santa Fe Community College has grown rapidly, both in enrollment and campus expansion. Today, the college serves more than 8,000 students in any given semester in its credit, noncredit and adult basic education programs. SFCC's campus is situated on 366 acres off Richards Avenue, south of Rodeo Road. Construction has been guided by a long-range campus development plan, which has enabled the college to create a first-class, state-of-the-art learning environment with modern classrooms, technologically smart labs and other specialized spaces, including centers for fitness education, the arts, early childhood development and instructional technology. SFCC is currently accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States.
- The nearest community college to Santa Fe Community College is University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus (26.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 848 students | 26.50 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 1,371 students | 27.80 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,440 students | 42.70 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
- 892 students | 48.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
- 202 students | 48.80 Mi5000 Marble NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.