Santa Fe Community College
The teacher population of 424 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Fe Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||424 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1983, Santa Fe Community College has grown rapidly, both in enrollment and campus expansion. Today, the college serves more than 8,000 students in any given semester in its credit, noncredit and adult basic education programs. SFCC's campus is situated on 366 acres off Richards Avenue, south of Rodeo Road. Construction has been guided by a long-range campus development plan, which has enabled the college to create a first-class, state-of-the-art learning environment with modern classrooms, technologically smart labs and other specialized spaces, including centers for fitness education, the arts, early childhood development and instructional technology. SFCC is currently accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States.
The nearest community college to Santa Fe Community College is Southwestern College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 176 students | 3.70 Mi3960 San Felipe Road
Santa Fe,  NM  87507
(505) 467-6805 3.70176
- 871 students | 26.40 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
(505) 662-5919 26.40871
- 926 students | 27.90 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
(505) 747-2100 27.90926
- 1,093 students | 41.60 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
(505) 454-2500 41.601,093
- 565 students | 48.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
(505) 881-1234 48.20565
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.