Santa Fe Community College
- The teacher population of 424 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Fe Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||424 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,242 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,364 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,878 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1983, Santa Fe Community College has grown rapidly, both in enrollment and campus expansion. Today, the college serves more than 8,000 students in any given semester in its credit, noncredit and adult basic education programs. SFCC's campus is situated on 366 acres off Richards Avenue, south of Rodeo Road. Construction has been guided by a long-range campus development plan, which has enabled the college to create a first-class, state-of-the-art learning environment with modern classrooms, technologically smart labs and other specialized spaces, including centers for fitness education, the arts, early childhood development and instructional technology. SFCC is currently accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States.
- The nearest community college to Santa Fe Community College is University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Campus (26.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 848 students | 26.40 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 1,371 students | 27.90 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,440 students | 41.60 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
- 892 students | 48.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
- 202 students | 48.80 Mi5000 Marble NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.