Santa Fe Community College
- The teacher population of 424 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Fe Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||424 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,242 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,364 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,878 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1983, Santa Fe Community College has grown rapidly, both in enrollment and campus expansion. Today, the college serves more than 8,000 students in any given semester in its credit, noncredit and adult basic education programs. SFCC's campus is situated on 366 acres off Richards Avenue, south of Rodeo Road. Construction has been guided by a long-range campus development plan, which has enabled the college to create a first-class, state-of-the-art learning environment with modern classrooms, technologically smart labs and other specialized spaces, including centers for fitness education, the arts, early childhood development and instructional technology. SFCC is currently accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States.
- The nearest community college to Santa Fe Community College is Southwestern College (Santa Fe) (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 3.80 Mi3960 San Felipe
Santa Fe,  NM  87507
- 848 students | 26.50 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 1,371 students | 27.80 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,440 students | 42.70 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
- 892 students | 48.20 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.