Umpqua Community College
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Umpqua Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,392 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||850 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,542 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,800||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college was established by a vote of greater Douglas County residents in 1964 and conducted classes in various rented facilities in Roseburg for the first few years. Since its founding as a post-secondary education facility it has grown and changed to meet the diverse needs of the community. More than 15,000 students take one or more classes each year, for a full-time equivalent (FTE) of about 2,600 full-time students. Umpqua Community College is one of the most picturesque colleges in the country, nestled between beautiful tree-studded hills and overlooking a large bend in the North Umpqua River. Natural volcanic rock and rustic, cedar shake architecture grace the 14 campus buildings located on a 100-acre plot of land six miles north of Roseburg. UCC Campus easy access and mild year-around climate complement the scenic beauty of the campus. As a comprehensive community college, Umpqua Community College provides the first two years of a baccalaureate degree, professional-technical programs, adult basic education/GED, and community education. The college strives to work with individual students so that educational goals and dreams can be realized. Our primary focus is to foster student success by creating access and excellence in all programs and services offered at Umpqua Community College. Umpqua Community College is organized into four academic divisions namely Business and Industry, Health and Safety Services, Math, Science, and Learning Skills and Liberal Arts.
- The nearest community college to Umpqua Community College is Southwestern Oregon Community College (46.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,316 students | 46.70 Mi1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay,  OR  97420
- 5,099 students | 56.00 Mi3345 Redwood Hwy
Grants Pass,  OR  97527
- 26,215 students | 56.70 Mi4000 E 30th Ave
Eugene,  OR  97405
- 5,314 students | 95.10 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany,  OR  97321
- 489 students | 101.30 Mi400 SE College Way
South Beach,  OR  97366
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.