Lane Community College
- Lane is the community`s college: we provide comprehensive, accessible, quality, learning-centered educational opportunities that promote student success and include professional technical and lower division college transfer programs; employee skill upgrading, business development and career enhancement; foundational academic, language and life skills development; lifelong personal development and enrichment; and cultural and community services.
The teacher population of 345 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lane Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||345 staff||108 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lane was founded in 1964, the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that ws founded in 1938. Lane has been rated one of the top two-year colleges in America and has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. In 2000 Lane was selected by the League for Innovation as one of 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in North America for its outstanding record of achievement and innovation in improving learning. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college. The college offers a wide variety of instructional programs including transfer credit programs, professional technical degree and certificate programs, continuing education noncredit courses, programs in English as a Second Language and International ESL, GED programs, and customized training for local businesses. Classes are offered at many locations, and online classes and telecourses are also available. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college offering professional technical and lower division college classes. The college offers classes at a number of locations in addition to the main campus. These include the Downtown Center in Eugene, Lane Community College at Florence, Lane Community College at Cottage Grove, and the Aviation Academy at the Eugene Airport. In addition to weekday classes, Lane offers some evening and Saturday classes, as well as many online offerings.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Lane Community College is Linn-Benton Community College (40.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,347 students | 40.10 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 917-4811 40.1010,347
- 2,703 students | 56.70 Mi1140 Umpqua College Rd.
Roseburg, OR 97470
(541) 440-4600 56.702,703
- 409 students | 63.40 Mi400 SE College Way
Newport, OR 97366
(541) 265-2283 63.40409
- 10,151 students | 66.80 Mi4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem, OR 97305
(503) 399-5000 66.8010,151
- 2,157 students | 74.40 Mi1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay, OR 97420
(541) 888-2525 74.402,157
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?