Lane Community College
- Lane is the community`s college: we provide comprehensive, accessible, quality, learning-centered educational opportunities that promote student success and include professional technical and lower division college transfer programs; employee skill upgrading, business development and career enhancement; foundational academic, language and life skills development; lifelong personal development and enrichment; and cultural and community services.
- The teacher population of 345 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lane Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||345 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||26,215 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||76:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,221 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,586 students||1,227 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$32,200|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lane was founded in 1964, the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that ws founded in 1938. Lane has been rated one of the top two-year colleges in America and has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. In 2000 Lane was selected by the League for Innovation as one of 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in North America for its outstanding record of achievement and innovation in improving learning. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college. The college offers a wide variety of instructional programs including transfer credit programs, professional technical degree and certificate programs, continuing education noncredit courses, programs in English as a Second Language and International ESL, GED programs, and customized training for local businesses. Classes are offered at many locations, and online classes and telecourses are also available. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college offering professional technical and lower division college classes. The college offers classes at a number of locations in addition to the main campus. These include the Downtown Center in Eugene, Lane Community College at Florence, Lane Community College at Cottage Grove, and the Aviation Academy at the Eugene Airport. In addition to weekday classes, Lane offers some evening and Saturday classes, as well as many online offerings.
- The nearest community college to Lane Community College is Linn-Benton Community College (40.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,347 students | 40.10 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany,  OR  97321
(541) 917-4811 40.1010,347
- 2,392 students | 56.70 Mi1140 College Rd.
Roseburg,  OR  97470
(541) 440-4600 56.702,392
- 489 students | 63.40 Mi400 SE College Way
South Beach,  OR  97366
(541) 265-2283 63.40489
- 10,571 students | 66.80 Mi4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem,  OR  97305
(503) 399-5000 66.8010,571
- 2,316 students | 74.40 Mi1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay,  OR  97420
(541) 888-2525 74.402,316
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.