- Lane is the community`s college: we provide comprehensive, accessible, quality, learning-centered educational opportunities that promote student success and include professional technical and lower division college transfer programs; employee skill upgrading, business development and career enhancement; foundational academic, language and life skills development; lifelong personal development and enrichment; and cultural and community services.
Lane Community College serves 7,702 students (41% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 40%.
- Enrollment: 7,702 students
- In-state tuition: $4,794
- Out-state tuition: $10,428
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 35%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 652 teachers has grown by 88% over five years.
Lane Community College
(OR) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Lane Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
The Lane Community College diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.60. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,794 is more than the state average of $4,476. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,428 is more than the state average of $7,489. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Lane was founded in 1964, the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that ws founded in 1938. Lane has been rated one of the top two-year colleges in America and has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. In 2000 Lane was selected by the League for Innovation as one of 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in North America for its outstanding record of achievement and innovation in improving learning. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college. The college offers a wide variety of instructional programs including transfer credit programs, professional technical degree and certificate programs, continuing education noncredit courses, programs in English as a Second Language and International ESL, GED programs, and customized training for local businesses. Classes are offered at many locations, and online classes and telecourses are also available. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college offering professional technical and lower division college classes. The college offers classes at a number of locations in addition to the main campus. These include the Downtown Center in Eugene, Lane Community College at Florence, Lane Community College at Cottage Grove, and the Aviation Academy at the Eugene Airport. In addition to weekday classes, Lane offers some evening and Saturday classes, as well as many online offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lane Community College cost?
Lane Community College's tuition is approximately $4,794 for In-State students and $10,428 for Out-State students.
What sports does Lane Community College offer?
Lane Community College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Lane Community College's ranking?
Lane Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Oregon for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.