Lane Community College
- Lane's current mission is to be a learning-centered community college that provides affordable, quality, lifelong educational opportunities that include: professional technical and lower division college transfer programs; employee skill upgrading, business development and career enhancement; foundational academic, language and life skills development; lifelong personal development and enrichment; and cultural and community services.
- The teacher population of 345 teachers has declined by 28% over five years.
|Lane Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||345 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,236 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,047 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,189 students||1,227 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lane was founded in 1964, the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that ws founded in 1938. Lane has been rated one of the top two-year colleges in America and has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. The college is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College, and in 2000 was selected by the league as one of 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in North America for its outstanding record of achievement and innovation in improving learning. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college. The college offers a wide variety of instructional programs including transfer credit programs, professional technical degree and certificate programs, continuing education noncredit courses, programs in English as a Second Language and International ESL, GED programs, and customized training for local businesses. Classes are offered at many locations, and online classes and telecourses are also available. Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college offering professional technical and lower division college classes. The college offers classes at a number of locations in addition to the main campus. These include the Downtown Center in Eugene, Lane Community College at Florence, Lane Community College at Cottage Grove, facilities at the Eugene Airport, and community learning centers at Churchill, Elmira, Junction City, McKenzie, Oakridge, Thurston, and Willamette high schools. In addition to weekday classes, Lane offers some evening and Saturday classes.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,314 students | 40.10 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany,  OR  97321
- 2,392 students | 56.70 Mi1140 College Rd.
Roseburg,  OR  97470
- 489 students | 64.50 Mi400 SE College Way
South Beach,  OR  97366
- 10,571 students | 66.80 Mi4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem,  OR  97305
- 2,316 students | 74.40 Mi1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay,  OR  97420
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!