Southwestern Oregon Community College
- The mission of Southwestern Oregon Community College is to provide quality education that helps students achieve their goals. Our programs prepare people to be employable, value life-long learning, and function as good citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- The teacher population of 127 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Oregon Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||127 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,316 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,089 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,227 students||1,227 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,700||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southwestern delivers real-world education and training essential for a highly skilled workforce. Southwestern is located within two miles of the Pacific Ocean in an area of scenic beauty and mild climate. The 153-acre institution lies completely within the city of Coos Bay and is bordered on the north and east by the city of North Bend. Southwestern offers Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, One year certificates of completion and less than one year certificates of completion. Southwestern Oregon Community College (Southwestern) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Oregon Community College is Umpqua Community College (46.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,392 students | 46.70 Mi1140 College Rd.
Roseburg,  OR  97470
- 26,215 students | 74.40 Mi4000 E 30th Ave
Eugene,  OR  97405
- 5,099 students | 80.60 Mi3345 Redwood Hwy
Grants Pass,  OR  97527
- 489 students | 84.30 Mi400 SE College Way
South Beach,  OR  97366
- 5,314 students | 100.20 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany,  OR  97321
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.