Umpqua Community College News
Browse past news stories for Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, OR.
- George Fox University explores building an allied and mental health college in Roseburg | Education | nrtoday.com
Save George Fox University has signed a memorandum of understanding to explore building an allied and mental health college in Roseburg. The university will be working with Oregonians for Rural Health, a coalition dedicated to promoting the health and vitality of rural communities, to start the process that could bring a new college to the area. Wayne Patterson, executive director of the Umpqua Economic Development Partnership, said the Oregonians for Rural Health coalition would look for a site to build, ...
- Oregon Institute of Technology offers free tuition to Umpqua Community College shooting survivors - The Register-Guard
PORTLAND — The Oregon Institute of Technology will be waiving tuition for any Umpqua Community College student who was in the building where a gunman killed 10 people, including himself, and i ...
- Q&A: What This Graduation Day Means For Umpqua Community College Students - OPB News
Q&A: What This Graduation Day Means For Umpqua Community College StudentsIn the planning meetings that we had to plan this commencement ceremony, it was decided that — based on surveys of students and faculty and staff and the community — t ...
- US Department of Education Awards $530000 to Umpqua Community College to Help Recovery From Campus Shooting - U.S. Department of Education (press release)
OregonLive.comThe U.S. Department of Education's Office of Safe and Healthy Students awarded Umpqua Community College (UCC) in Roseburg, Oregon, a Project School Emergency Response to Violence (SERV) grant totaling $529,623. The grant will be used to assist ...Umpqua Community College awarded federa ...
- Umpqua Community College chooses Debra Thatcher as president - The Register-Guard
ROSEBURG — Umpqua Community College has named Debra Thatcher as its new president, filling a post that had been handled on an interim basis since Joe Olson retired last ...
- Umpqua Community College names Debra Thatcher new president - OregonLive.com
The move means Umpqua, site of the largest mass school shooting in Oregon history last October, will have its first permanent president since then-President Joseph Olson retired last June. The school has had two ...
- Umpqua Community College names Debra Thatcher new president ... - OregonLive.com
Umpqua Community College named Debra Thatcher as its new president Monday.Umpqua Community College Selects Debra Thatcher As Ne ...
- Umpqua Community College narrows presidential search to 2 finalists - OregonLive.com
Umpqua Community College is close to naming a new president, the first permanent leader at the Douglas County college since last summer. The UCC board named two fina ...
- Center providing free counseling after Umpqua Community College shooting to close next week - OregonLive.com
A wellness center that has been providing free counseling services to people affected by last October's Umpqua Community College shooting is set to close next week. The Umpqua Welln ...
- Memorial planned for victims of Umpqua Community College shooting - OregonLive.com
KOIN.comUCC Interim President Walter Nolte told the UCC Board of Trustees on Wednesday the memorial will be built in front of the Pacific Power office in Green, just south of Roseburg. A huge flag pole, which ...
- Umpqua Community College Gunman Killed Himself After Police Shot Him: Authorities - NBCNews.com
The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon college last week killed himself in front of students after two police officers wounded him in a shootout, authorities said Wednesday. Two plainclothes detectives responding to Umpqua Community College ...Oregon college shooting: Several dozen counselors at Umpqua Community College fil ...
- At Umpqua Community College, striving lives cut short - Washington Post
The students in the classroom on which Chris Harper Mercer allegedly focused his attack were trying to improve their writing skills. Umpqua Community College's online course catalog says of Writing 115: “Special emphasis will be placed on sentence ...Oregon shooting: Gunman was student in ...
Learn about the many opportunities available with an associate degree in environmental science and some of the community colleges offering course studies in this field.
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.