The Art Institute of California-Argosy University Los Angeles
- The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is a leader in providing degree programs in media, design, and culinary arts. Our faculty inspire vision and cultivate our students' creative and intellectual imagination through a learner-centered approach to instruction. We promote a culture of student responsibility through practical training by challenging students to engage course content, problem-solve and think inventively. We provide support services that enable our students to professionally compete in their desired field. We create value for students by providing state of the industry skills, techniques and technological resources. We are committed to helping our students achieve their artistic, educational and career goals.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 57% over five years.
|The Art Institute of California-Argosy University Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||92 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,436 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,051 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||385 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,300||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is an educational institution for career preparation in the visual and culinary arts. The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is a member of The Art Institutes system. The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles offers degree programs in Associate of Science degrees in Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Interactive Media Design, and Video Production; and Bachelor of Science degrees in Culinary Management, Game Art & Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Media Arts & Animation, and Interactive Media Design. The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles prepares students for entry-level positions in creative, challenging careers. Each program is offered on a year-round basis, allowing students to continue to work uninterrupted toward their degrees. An impressive faculty of working professionals strives to strengthen students' skills and to cultivate their talents through well-designed curricula. In 1997, The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles opened its location on 31st Street in the city of Santa Monica in 1997. The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles occupies approximately 107,000 square feet. In addition to classrooms, studios, laboratories, offices, a student lounge, a library, and an exhibition gallery, The Art Institute maintains an art supply store for the convenience of students. The year-round average class size for The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is 22 or fewer students. Class size, however, will not exceed 35 students in lab sessions or 40 students in lecture sessions. Equipment provided at The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is specific to the program of study. This includes, but is not limited to, projectors, editing decks, PC and Macintosh computers, printers, and fully-equipped kitchens. The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles has received approval to operate from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education for Bachelor of Science degree programs, Associate of Science degree programs and Diploma programs The Art Institute of California ? Los Angeles is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 30,158 students | 1.10 Mi1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica,  CA  90405
- 340 students | 3.70 Mi3000 S Robertson Blvd #300
Los Angeles,  CA  90034
- 10,641 students | 3.80 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City,  CA  90230
- 306 students | 5.70 Mi6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles,  CA  90048
- 411 students | 7.00 Mi3699 Wilshire Blvd., Fourth Floor
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.