West Los Angeles College
- West Los Angeles College is an accredited California Community College offering paths to university transfer, career education and courses for personal or professional growth. Our Dental Hygiene program is a national model and extremely competitive to enter. We have the only American Bar Association Approved Paralegal program in the Los Angeles Community College District. The campus boasts state of the art childcare and learning services to help students succeed in their studies. Faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to providing outstanding higher education made sure that students received just that despite the absence of finer amenities. We maintain to this day that collaborative spirit to ensure student success.
- The teacher population of 212 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Los Angeles College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||212 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,641 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||50:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,105 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,536 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$34,900|
- West Los Angeles College (WLAC), located on a scenic hillside in Culver City, opened its doors in February 1969. One of the nine campuses of the Los Angeles Community College District, the college has approximately 11,000 student in day, evening and online classes. WLAC serves Baldwin Hills, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Century City, Crenshaw, Culver City, LA Tijera/Windsor Hills, Marina del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Palms, Playa del Rey, Venice, Westchester, West Los Angeles and Westwood. Students come from a rich mixture of nationalities and cultures. West is a leader in online education housing one of the largest programs in Southern California. Several of our degrees may be earned completely online. Partnerships with prestigious universities allow our students to transfer and complete their Bachelor's degree completely online as well. Students may also select just one or two classes online to augment their on campus courses. Our career-oriented Certificate and Associate degree programs include several that are unique in this area, including motion picture/television production crafts, aircraft electronics, aviation maintenance, dental hygiene, travel and hospitality, and the only paralegal program in the Los Angeles Community College District that is approved by the American Bar Association. Whether in academic or career-oriented subjects, our outstanding faculty members are experts in their fields. They have chosen to teach in a community college because they prefer to concentrate on teaching, and they value the smaller classes and greater opportunity for individualized instruction that colleges like West provide. Basic Skills Program to provide students with the necessary capabilities in mathematics, verbal and written language skills, and study skills to successfully complete a certificate, degree, or transfer program. The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Colleges and Universities, and offers 25 transfer and 18 vocationally-oriented programs. The American Dental Association and the Federal Aviation Administration also recognize the vocational curricula offered here at West Los Angeles College.
- The nearest community college to West Los Angeles College is Everest College-West Los Angeles (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 2.10 Mi3000 S Robertson Blvd #300
Los Angeles,  CA  90034
- 306 students | 4.40 Mi6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles,  CA  90048
- 30,158 students | 4.80 Mi1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica,  CA  90405
- 411 students | 5.30 Mi3699 Wilshire Blvd., Fourth Floor
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
- 1,358 students | 6.40 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010