West Los Angeles College
- West Los Angeles College is an accredited California Community College offering paths to university transfer, career education and courses for professional and personal growth. It occupies 70 park-like acres overlooking Culver City, Marina Del Rey and Greater West Los Angeles. On a clear day you can see the Pacific Ocean from the highest points on campus. Over the course of a year, West will serve between 16,000 to 19,000 students between our on-ground, online, and full-time and part-time students. But the college still retains the small, warm college feel as we have no more than about 5,000 students on campus at any one time.
- Our Dental Hygiene program is a national model and is one of only two California community college programs authorized to offer a Bachelor's degree. Our online degree program has been recognized as one of the best in California and the nation. Other unique programs include our Film / TV Production Crafts path preparing students for careers behind the scenes in entertainment and our Aviation Tech program. West also offers degree and certificate programs in Computer Science, Health Care, Business, Law Enforcement and Early Childhood Education.
- Students interested in transferring to universities to complete their Bachelor's degrees can select from 24 Associate Degrees for Transfer and get help with the transfer process from our Transfer Center and support organizations including EOPS, TRiO, Puente and Honors Transfer.
- West alumni can be found in every industry from the front lines to the executive ranks. Our college motto is: GO WEST. GO FAR.
- The teacher population of 212 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Los Angeles College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||212 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,000 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||75:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,000 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,000 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- West Los Angeles College (WLAC), located on a scenic hillside in Culver City, opened its doors in February 1969. One of the nine campuses of the Los Angeles Community College District, the college has approximately 11,000 student in day, evening and online classes. WLAC serves Baldwin Hills, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Century City, Crenshaw, Culver City, LA Tijera/Windsor Hills, Marina del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Palms, Playa del Rey, Venice, Westchester, West Los Angeles and Westwood. Students come from a rich mixture of nationalities and cultures. West is a leader in online education housing one of the largest programs in Southern California. Several of our degrees may be earned completely online. Partnerships with prestigious universities allow our students to transfer and complete their Bachelor's degree completely online as well. Students may also select just one or two classes online to augment their on campus courses. Our career-oriented Certificate and Associate degree programs include several that are unique in this area, including motion picture/television production crafts, aircraft electronics, aviation maintenance, dental hygiene, travel and hospitality, and the only paralegal program in the Los Angeles Community College District that is approved by the American Bar Association. Whether in academic or career-oriented subjects, our outstanding faculty members are experts in their fields. They have chosen to teach in a community college because they prefer to concentrate on teaching, and they value the smaller classes and greater opportunity for individualized instruction that colleges like West provide. Basic Skills Program to provide students with the necessary capabilities in mathematics, verbal and written language skills, and study skills to successfully complete a certificate, degree, or transfer program. The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Colleges and Universities, and offers 25 transfer and 18 vocationally-oriented programs. The American Dental Association and the Federal Aviation Administration also recognize the vocational curricula offered here at West Los Angeles College.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to West Los Angeles College is Everest College-West Los Angeles (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 2.00 Mi3000 S Robertson Blvd #300
Los Angeles,  CA  90034
(310) 840-5777 2.00340
- 306 students | 4.30 Mi6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles,  CA  90048
(323) 966-5444 4.30306
- 30,158 students | 4.90 Mi1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica,  CA  90405
(310) 434-4000 4.9030,158
- 411 students | 6.10 Mi3699 Wilshire Blvd., Fourth Floor
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
(323) 937-7772 6.10411
- 1,358 students | 6.30 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
(213) 484-8850 6.301,358