Santa Monica College
Tel: (310) 434-4000
- Santa Monica College strives to create a learning environment that both challenges our students and supports them in achieving their educational goals. We prepare our students to contribute to the global community as they develop an understanding of their personal relationship to the world’s social, cultural, political, economic, technological, and natural environments.
- The teacher population of 668 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Monica College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||668 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||30,158 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||10,861 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19,297 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,100||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- To fulfill this mission, the College provides open and affordable access to excellent associate degree and occupational certificate programs. These programs prepare students for successful careers, develop college-level skills, enable transfer to universities, and foster a personal commitment to lifelong learning. We have an impressive academic record. We are the leader among the state's 108 community colleges in transferring students to the University of California , University of Southern California and other four-year campuses. We also pride ourselves on preparing students for careers of the 21st century – in such fields as nursing, computer applications, early childhood education, business, accounting, graphic design and other occupations. Set on a 38-acre main campus less than two miles from the beach, Santa Monica College has everything today's student needs to succeed – computer labs, athletic facilities, performing and visual arts spaces, and active student clubs. The SMC Library underwent a $23.6 million expansion and modernization and reopened in August 2003 as a state-of-the-art, architecturally praised facility. Our Science Complex, which opened in fall 1999, features the latest in equipment and high-tech labs. Our award-winning faculty works closely with students to ensure their success, and we have numerous student services to help students meet their goals. Santa Monica College – a two-year community college accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – opened in 1929 with just 153 students. It has now grown to a thriving campus with 25,000 students and offerings in more than 80 fields of study.
- The nearest community college to Santa Monica College is Everest College-West Los Angeles (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 4.70 Mi3000 S Robertson Blvd #300
Los Angeles,  CA  90034
(310) 840-5777 4.70340
- 16,000 students | 4.90 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City,  CA  90230
(310) 287-4200 4.9016,000
- 306 students | 6.60 Mi6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles,  CA  90048
(323) 966-5444 6.60306
- 280 students | 9.00 Mi1336 N La Brea
Los Angeles,  CA  90028
(323) 464-2777 9.00280
- 2,284 students | 9.80 Mi6363 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles,  CA  90028
(877) 952-3456 9.802,284
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.