- Founded in 1997, Keck Graduate Institute is the only American graduate institution devoted solely to bioscience education and discovery. KGI is the seventh and newest member of the Claremont Colleges consortium.
- Enrollment: 631 students
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 86%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Keck Graduate Institute (KGI)has responded to this challenge with a pioneering class of graduate degrees and programs to educate those individuals who want to shape the future of the life sciences.
Established to prepare the future generation of industry leaders, KGI breaks down and transforms traditional boundariesbetween the academic and corporate worlds. Our degree and research programs are singularly focused on the unique and specific demands of the biosciences industry, drawing widely on the guidance of a world-class advisory council that includes leaders in industry, science, and higher education.
Recognizing that the solution of practical, real-world challenges requires close teamwork, creative problem-solving skills, and cross-functional fluency, our curriculum is fundamentally interdisciplinary, incorporating an intensive technical component and a broad management and policy component, as well as innovative approaches to developing leadership skills. As a result, our students graduate with a practical understanding of the results-oriented, collaborative culture in which scientists, engineers, and managers operate.
KGI Academic Programs:
- Master of Business and Science(MBS):Designed to educate those who want to lead the way in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, healthcare product and bioagricultural industries.
- Master of Engineering (MEng) in Biopharmaceutical Processing: The two-year program is designed for high potential individuals seeking a career in biopharmaceutical processing and biomanufacturing.
- PhD programs:ThePhD in Applied Life Sciencesis available to graduates of the MBS program.
- Postdoctoral Professional Masters in Bioscience Management(PPM): For post-doctoral fellows with backgrounds in science and engineering who want to acquire the business and management skills needed to pursue senior management positions within the life sciences industry or embark on entrepreneurial ventures intended to commercialize technologies developed in laboratories.
- Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate Program(PPC): For those who already have an undergraduate degree in science or engineering, and who want to improve their chances of gaining acceptance into medical school.
- Certificate in Bioscience Management:For PhD students and post-doctoral fellows from other institutions who have backgrounds in science but wish to acquire business and management skills in the applied life sciences.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD): Graduates from the School of Pharmacy will be prepared for the increasingly diverse roles pharmacists play in providing health care.
- Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genetic Counselings (MSGC): The two-year program is dedicated to benefiting society through the education, training, and development of innovative, collaborative, culturally-competent, articulate, and caring genetic counselors who will serve the needs of individual patients, the healthcare system, and the bioscience industry
- Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomic Data Analytics (MSGDA):Upon completion of the two-year program, students will be able to utilize their foundation in genetics along with a practical knowledge of analytics to be able to translate information and bridge gaps between research scientists and practitioners.
- Summer Programs:KGI offers several unique summer programs tailored to suit undergraduate, pre-health, and post-doc students.