Technical Career Institutes (Closed 2017)
Technical Career Institutes Photo #2 - TCI College is located at the heart of Manhattan across from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. Stop by TCI College at 320 West 31st Street, between 8th and 9th Ave. Associate's Degree Programs at TCI train students for fields such Accounting Technology, Business Administration, Security Services, Paralegal Studies, Healthcare, Automotive, Electronics, Computer, Digital Media Arts, HVAC, and More.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Technical Career Institutes||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,762 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,385 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||377 students||538 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- TCI is a degree-granting college committed to educating men and women interested in careers and further academic opportunities in Electronics and Computer Technologies, Accounting, office and new Media technologies and Climate Control and Building Maintenance technologies. Since its founding in 1909, TCI has achieved a reputation for excellence in technological education. Under the leadership of Nobel Prize recipient and founder Guglielmo Marconi, the Marconi Institute becomes a leading center for education and development in the communications industry. In 1919 its name changes to RCA Institutes. In 1974 the College's name is changed to Technical Career Institutes. Today TCI College serves more than 3,000 students through programs that focus on emerging technological fields. We collaborate closely with major New York City employers to develop programs that prepare students for the needs of today's business environment. TCI is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. TCI is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education as well as Middle States Commission on Higher Education** which accredits NYS Colleges & Universities. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.edufficient.com/tci-disclosure/
- The nearest community college to Technical Career Institutes is Fashion Institute of Technology (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,764 students | 0.20 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
- 278 students | 0.50 Mi766 The Avenue of the Americas 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10001
- 253 students | 0.70 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 411 students | 0.80 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 4,525 students | 0.90 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.