SUNY Corning Community College
- Corning Community College offers an extensive yet affordable range of educational, cultural, and social opportunities to a diverse population of full-time and part-time learners. We focus on student achievement by stressing quality teaching and personal attention. Our emphasis on high standards of quality and technological advancement provides a flexible learning environment in which students are prepared for a life of service to their professions and their communities in a globally interdependent society. We promote intellectual and personal growth, meet the educational needs of the community through transfer, career, certificate, and training programs, and enhance economic development.
- Enrollment: 4,063 students
- In-state tuition: $4,700
- Out-state tuition: $8,850
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1956 by the Corning-Painted Post School District, CCC began modestly in a scattering of old buildings in the city of Corning. Today, we encompass a 550-acre main campus on Spencer Hill with a complex of eight buildings plus an observatory and planetarium. We've also expanded our vision to provide services at a variety of off-campus sites throughout Steuben, Chemung and Schuyler counties. Students from age 16 to 70 attend CCC and take courses in 48 different degree and certificate programs leading to careers or transfer to further education. Many doctors, engineers, lawyers, nurses, business people, teachers, technologists and even an astronaut have begun at CCC. Currently, approximately 3,300 full-time equivalent (FTE) students are enrolled, representing 5,000-6,000 students taking our fully accredited credit offerings. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college, enhance your current job skills, or begin a career Corning Community College is the smart choice. CCC provides an excellent educational foundation at an affordable price, and students may attend on either a full-time or part-time basis, depending on individual need. Our unique programs, comfortable learning environment, and dedicated faculty and student support staff create a campus community that enhances the learning experience for each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does SUNY Corning Community College cost?
SUNY Corning Community College's tuition is approximately $4,700 for In-State students and $8,850 for Out-State students.