- Corning Community College offers an extensive yet affordable range of educational, cultural, and social opportunities to a diverse population of full-time and part-time learners. We focus on student achievement by stressing quality teaching and personal attention. Our emphasis on high standards of quality and technological advancement provides a flexible learning environment in which students are prepared for a life of service to their professions and their communities in a globally interdependent society. We promote intellectual and personal growth, meet the educational needs of the community through transfer, career, certificate, and training programs, and enhance economic development.
SUNY Corning Community College serves 4,063 students (37% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,063 students
- In-state tuition: $4,700
- Out-state tuition: $8,850
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 256 teachers has grown by 82% over five years.
SUNY Corning Community College
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of SUNY Corning Community College has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The SUNY Corning Community College diversity score of 0.26 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 46% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,700 is less than the state average of $5,507. The in-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,850 is less than the state average of $10,195. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1956 by the Corning-Painted Post School District, CCC began modestly in a scattering of old buildings in the city of Corning. Today, we encompass a 550-acre main campus on Spencer Hill with a complex of eight buildings plus an observatory and planetarium. We've also expanded our vision to provide services at a variety of off-campus sites throughout Steuben, Chemung and Schuyler counties. Students from age 16 to 70 attend CCC and take courses in 48 different degree and certificate programs leading to careers or transfer to further education. Many doctors, engineers, lawyers, nurses, business people, teachers, technologists and even an astronaut have begun at CCC. Currently, approximately 3,300 full-time equivalent (FTE) students are enrolled, representing 5,000-6,000 students taking our fully accredited credit offerings. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college, enhance your current job skills, or begin a career Corning Community College is the smart choice. CCC provides an excellent educational foundation at an affordable price, and students may attend on either a full-time or part-time basis, depending on individual need. Our unique programs, comfortable learning environment, and dedicated faculty and student support staff create a campus community that enhances the learning experience for each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does SUNY Corning Community College cost?
SUNY Corning Community College's tuition is approximately $4,700 for In-State students and $8,850 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.