Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, a special mission affiliate of Penn State, is a national leader in applied technology education. Penn College offers more than 100 bachelor, associate, and certificate majors to nearly 5,600 students in careers ranging from manufacturing, design, transportation, and construction to hospitality, health, business, and natural resources. Business/industry connections, small classes, industry-standard equipment, and faculty with work experience contribute to strong graduate placement rates. The full college experience awaits those desiring on-campus housing, Greek Life, student organizations, and NCAA Division III athletics.
Pennsylvania College of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 304 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||304 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,514 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,619 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||895 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,200||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and Kick, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Dodgeball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Indoor Soccer, Intramural Indoor Volleyball, Intramural Kickball, Intramural Powder Puff Football, Intramural Punt, Intramural Sand Volleyball, Intramural Slow Pitch Softball, Intramural Tennis, Intramural Ultimate Frisbee, Intramural Wiffleball, Pass
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Technology is Luzerne County Community College (53.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,049 students | 53.30 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 630 students | 53.80 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 148 students | 54.30 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 3,346 students | 56.20 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
- 186 students | 59.20 Mi166 Slocum Street
Kingston,  PA  18704
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.