Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, a special mission affiliate of Penn State, is a national leader in applied technology education. Penn College offers more than 100 bachelor, associate, and certificate majors to nearly 5,600 students in careers ranging from manufacturing, design, transportation, and construction to hospitality, health, business, and natural resources. Business/industry connections, small classes, industry-standard equipment, and faculty with work experience contribute to strong graduate placement rates. The full college experience awaits those desiring on-campus housing, Greek Life, student organizations, and NCAA Division III athletics.
Pennsylvania College of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 304 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||304 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,514 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,619 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||895 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,200||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and Kick, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Dodgeball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Indoor Soccer, Intramural Indoor Volleyball, Intramural Kickball, Intramural Powder Puff Football, Intramural Punt, Intramural Sand Volleyball, Intramural Slow Pitch Softball, Intramural Tennis, Intramural Ultimate Frisbee, Intramural Wiffleball, Pass
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Technology is Luzerne County Community College (53.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,049 students | 53.30 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 630 students | 53.80 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 148 students | 54.30 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 3,346 students | 56.20 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
- 186 students | 59.20 Mi166 Slocum Street
Kingston,  PA  18704
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.