Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Tompkins Cortland Community College makes it possible for people to identify and achieve their educational goals by providing accessible, quality, post-secondary education and training.
- The teacher population of 155 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Tompkins Cortland Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||155 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,559 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,328 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,231 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||814||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,200||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1968, the Main Campus is in Dryden, New York, with Extension Centers in Ithaca and Cortland. TC3 also offers several online courses. The College offers 38 academic degree programs leading to an associate degree. Academic programs range from accounting to computer forensics to criminal justice to nursing to communication and media arts. Our curriculum prepares students for careers in the global marketplace, particularly in business administration, accounting, hotel and restaurant management, sport management, computer forensics, engineering science, communications, electronics, and computer information systems. We recognize that skills learned here must be applied successfully around the world. Many of our 38 degree programs prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university. Transfer agreements spell out specific requirements to over 35 institutions. The main Dryden campus encompasses 220 acres and features one unique two-story structure. Located inside the building are the gymnasium, pool, computer labs, child care center, library, and classrooms. Tompkins Cortland is a college of the State University of New York (SUNY). The college is accredited by the New York State Education Department and the Middle States Association.
- The nearest community college to Tompkins Cortland Community College is SUNY Broome Community College (31.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,924 students | 31.90 Mi907 Upper Front St
Binghamton,  NY  13905
(607) 778-5000 31.906,924
- 4,633 students | 33.20 Mi197 Franklin St
Auburn,  NY  13021
(315) 255-1743 33.204,633
- 12,271 students | 35.10 Mi4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse,  NY  13215
(315) 498-2622 35.1012,271
- 1,091 students | 37.00 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia,  NY  13035
(800) 654-3210 37.001,091
- 345 students | 38.00 Mi765 Irving Ave
Syracuse,  NY  13210
(315) 470-7481 38.00345
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.