St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis
Tel: (314) 652-0300
- St. Louis College of Health Careers (SLCHC) fosters an environment of positive change and growth within itself, the community, and the greater St. Louis Metropolitan area. The College places special emphasis in assisting the unemployed or underemployed and those seeking to learn new job skills, thus moving individuals closer to full economic independence. SLCHC educates allied health professionals to meet the ever-changing needs of the health care sector. SLCHC develops and refines programs based on current health care trends. Since its founding, the College has embraced those seeking an avenue through which to improve their quality of life. Our goals at St. Louis College of Health Careers, are to Provide a supportive, flexible learning environment, Provide the opportunity for career training, Develop self-sufficient graduates, Provide ongoing outreach and guidance services that develop self-esteem and critical thinking, Assist in employment preparation and job search. St. Louis College of Health Careers has maintained a fundamental educational philosophy since its inception, and is dedicated to meeting the educational needs and professional expectations of its students. The College strives to prepare students to become competent members of the health care community. To this end, the College developed an educational structure that combines theoretical instruction with clinical experience in a specialized field, and believes this combination will best prepare students for technical careers in health care. SLCHC believes that a medical professional is best trained in a health care environment. For this reason, clinical experiences are offered within medical facilities in the St. Louis area, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, doctors? offices, and clinics. This allows clinical instruction in a modern health care environment. Qualified educators and health care professionals supervise both classroom instruction and the clinical experience.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||62 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,116||$11,083|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,364||$5,675|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis is Ranken Technical College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,698 students | 1.70 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63113
(314) 371-0236 1.701,698
- 18,157 students | 3.90 Mi3221 McKelvey Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
(314) 513-4200 3.9018,157
- 7,438 students | 9.60 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63135
(314) 513-4200 9.607,438
- 11,439 students | 9.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63122
(314) 984-7500 9.6011,439
- 415 students | 11.10 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis, MO 63146
(314) 434-2212 11.10415
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?