St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis
Tel: (314) 652-0300
- St. Louis College of Health Careers (SLCHC) fosters an environment of positive change and growth within itself, the community, and the greater St. Louis Metropolitan area. The College places special emphasis in assisting the unemployed or underemployed and those seeking to learn new job skills, thus moving individuals closer to full economic independence. SLCHC educates allied health professionals to meet the ever-changing needs of the health care sector. SLCHC develops and refines programs based on current health care trends. Since its founding, the College has embraced those seeking an avenue through which to improve their quality of life. Our goals at St. Louis College of Health Careers, are to Provide a supportive, flexible learning environment, Provide the opportunity for career training, Develop self-sufficient graduates, Provide ongoing outreach and guidance services that develop self-esteem and critical thinking, Assist in employment preparation and job search. St. Louis College of Health Careers has maintained a fundamental educational philosophy since its inception, and is dedicated to meeting the educational needs and professional expectations of its students. The College strives to prepare students to become competent members of the health care community. To this end, the College developed an educational structure that combines theoretical instruction with clinical experience in a specialized field, and believes this combination will best prepare students for technical careers in health care. SLCHC believes that a medical professional is best trained in a health care environment. For this reason, clinical experiences are offered within medical facilities in the St. Louis area, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, doctors? offices, and clinics. This allows clinical instruction in a modern health care environment. Qualified educators and health care professionals supervise both classroom instruction and the clinical experience.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||32 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||65%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,204|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,496||$6,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis is Ranken Technical College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,851 students | 1.70 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
(866) 472-6536 1.701,851
- 172 students | 3.30 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
(314) 421-0949 3.30172
- 21,218 students | 3.90 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
(314) 539-5000 3.9021,218
- 7,438 students | 9.60 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135
(314) 513-4200 9.607,438
- 11,439 students | 9.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
(314) 984-7500 9.6011,439
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!