Southern Crescent Technical College
- Griffin Technical College is a public, accredited two-year postsecondary college that provides accessible, quality educational programs and services. Griffin Tech provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for initial employment; offers continuing education and training to acquire advanced levels of competency; offers a general education curriculum that encourages intellectual, personal, and social values; sponsors co-curricular activities to assist in the development of leadership traits; and facilitates public adult education programs to improve general population and workforce literacy levels.
|Southern Crescent Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||162 staff||94 staff|
- Griffin Technical College traces its roots to September of 1963 when students began attending classes in temporary quarters of the Griffin-Spalding County Area Vocational Technical School, under the supervision of the Georgia Department of Education. The first 48,000 square foot building was completed in 1966. The school was expanded in 1978 with the addition of 18,748 square feet of classroom space. In August of 1990, Griffin Tech dedicated a new facility, a 26,000 square foot office, classroom and lecture hall addition. In the spring of 1995, the new Academic Building provided 15,297 square feet of additional classroom and office space. In September 1995, seven acres were acquired from the City of Griffin, and in February 1997, an additional 7.49 acres vacated by the Georgia State Patrol Station was acquired providing an additional 7,223 square feet of classroom and office space. Griffin Tech's general education core courses are designed to allow students to develop and demonstrate their reading, writing, oral communication, and fundamental mathematical skills. Griffin Tech constantly updates the contents of its technical courses and acquires modern equipment for use in the classrooms and labs. Students are taught by instructors who strive to stay current in their field. The Academic Affairs Division offers 27 degree programs, 35 diploma programs, and 78 technical certificates of credit programs. New programs are implemented as needed and as resources become available. Our goal is to stay abreast of these needs and to offer students a wide range of occupational programs. Surveys and needs analyses are conducted periodically to validate programs in demand by our service area businesses and industries and our students. Griffin Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award the associate degree.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,663 students | 16.40 Mi419 College Dr
Barnesville,  GA  30204
(678) 359-5555 16.403,663
- 64 students | 22.10 Mi1580 Southlake Parkway Suite C
Morrow,  GA  30260
(770) 960-1298 22.1064
- 7,038 students | 23.60 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
(678) 466-4000 23.607,038
- n/a students | 27.20 Mi320 W. Broad St. Suite 200
Fairburn,  GA  30213
- 18,487 students | 30.00 Mi33 Gilmer St.
Atlanta,  GA  30303
(404) 413-2000 30.0018,487