Gordon State College
- The mission of the college is to provide a supportive and enriching environment in which to prepare students to continue their education in baccalaureate, post-baccalaureate and professional degree programs. Through a diverse faculty and staff, modern technology and a well-balanced variety of campus activities, Gordon students have the tools and experiences they need to succeed in higher education and beyond.
- Enrollment: 3,231 students
- In-state tuition: $3,510
- Out-state tuition: $9,937
- Acceptance Rate: 79%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Located in the small, rural town of Barnesville, in middle Georgia, Gordon College is a two-year, residential college offering its students more than 60 programs of study. Founded in 1852, Gordon College joined the University System of Georgia in 1972 as an associate level institution with a distinctive legacy of excellence in scholarship and service. With an enrollment of more than 3,400 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of less than 25:1, Gordon offers an intimate academic setting where its students can receive the individualized attention that only a small college can provide. The College offers 70 associate of arts, associate of science, associate of science in nursing and associate of applied science degrees. A cooperative bachelor of science in nursing is offered with the Medical College of Georgia. Gordon College enrolls aprox. 3,400 students, about 600 of whom live in residence halls. Extracurricular activities include music and theatre productions, student art shows, movies, dances, clubs and intramural sports. Gordon competes in men's intercollegiate baseball, women's fast-pitch softball, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's tennis. Gordon College distinguishes itself by offering strong programs in general education, the fine arts, and health care education. Gordon is divided among four academic divisions -- (1) the Division of Business and Social Science, (2) the Division of Humanities, (3) the Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and (4) the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gordon State College cost?
Gordon State College's tuition is approximately $3,510 for In-State students and $9,937 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Gordon State College?
The acceptance rate of Gordon State College is 79%, which is equal to the state average of 79%.