Gordon State College
- The mission of the college is to provide a supportive and enriching environment in which to prepare students to continue their education in baccalaureate, post-baccalaureate and professional degree programs. Through a diverse faculty and staff, modern technology and a well-balanced variety of campus activities, Gordon students have the tools and experiences they need to succeed in higher education and beyond.
- The teacher population of 150 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gordon State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||150 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,047 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,654 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,393 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||994||461|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$29,600|
- Located in the small, rural town of Barnesville, in middle Georgia, Gordon College is a two-year, residential college offering its students more than 60 programs of study. Founded in 1852, Gordon College joined the University System of Georgia in 1972 as an associate level institution with a distinctive legacy of excellence in scholarship and service. With an enrollment of more than 3,400 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of less than 25:1, Gordon offers an intimate academic setting where its students can receive the individualized attention that only a small college can provide. The College offers 70 associate of arts, associate of science, associate of science in nursing and associate of applied science degrees. A cooperative bachelor of science in nursing is offered with the Medical College of Georgia. Gordon College enrolls aprox. 3,400 students, about 600 of whom live in residence halls. Extracurricular activities include music and theatre productions, student art shows, movies, dances, clubs and intramural sports. Gordon competes in men's intercollegiate baseball, women's fast-pitch softball, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's tennis. Gordon College distinguishes itself by offering strong programs in general education, the fine arts, and health care education. Gordon is divided among four academic divisions -- (1) the Division of Business and Social Science, (2) the Division of Humanities, (3) the Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and (4) the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- The nearest community college to Gordon State College is Southern Crescent Technical College (16.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,898 students | 16.40 Mi501 Varsity Rd
Griffin,  GA  30223
(770) 228-7348 16.404,898
- n/a students | 29.50 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon,  GA  31206
(478) 471-2700 29.50n/a
- 7,022 students | 39.20 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
(678) 466-4000 39.207,022
- n/a students | 42.90 Mi801 Duke Avenue
Warner Robins,  GA  31093
- n/a students | 43.50 Mi320 W. Broad St. Suite 200
Fairburn,  GA  30213