- The mission of the college is to provide a supportive and enriching environment in which to prepare students to continue their education in baccalaureate, post-baccalaureate and professional degree programs. Through a diverse faculty and staff, modern technology and a well-balanced variety of campus activities, Gordon students have the tools and experiences they need to succeed in higher education and beyond.
Gordon State College serves 3,231 students (57% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 53%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,231 students
- In-state tuition: $3,510
- Out-state tuition: $9,937
- Acceptance Rate: 79%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 300 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
Gordon State College
(GA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Gordon State College has declined by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Gordon State College diversity score of 0.55 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2007)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,510 is more than the state average of $3,488. The in-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,937 is more than the state average of $7,256. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located in the small, rural town of Barnesville, in middle Georgia, Gordon College is a two-year, residential college offering its students more than 60 programs of study. Founded in 1852, Gordon College joined the University System of Georgia in 1972 as an associate level institution with a distinctive legacy of excellence in scholarship and service. With an enrollment of more than 3,400 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of less than 25:1, Gordon offers an intimate academic setting where its students can receive the individualized attention that only a small college can provide. The College offers 70 associate of arts, associate of science, associate of science in nursing and associate of applied science degrees. A cooperative bachelor of science in nursing is offered with the Medical College of Georgia. Gordon College enrolls aprox. 3,400 students, about 600 of whom live in residence halls. Extracurricular activities include music and theatre productions, student art shows, movies, dances, clubs and intramural sports. Gordon competes in men's intercollegiate baseball, women's fast-pitch softball, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's tennis. Gordon College distinguishes itself by offering strong programs in general education, the fine arts, and health care education. Gordon is divided among four academic divisions -- (1) the Division of Business and Social Science, (2) the Division of Humanities, (3) the Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and (4) the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gordon State College cost?
Gordon State College's tuition is approximately $3,510 for In-State students and $9,937 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Gordon State College?
The acceptance rate of Gordon State College is 79%, which is equal to the state average of 79%.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.