Georgia Military College-Atlanta Campus
- Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Atlanta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Atlanta Campus is Atlanta Metropolitan State College (14.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,977 students | 14.60 Mi1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
(404) 756-4000 14.602,977
- 4,282 students | 14.80 Mi1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
(404) 225-4400 14.804,282
- 7,022 students | 15.10 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
(678) 466-4000 15.107,022
- 398 students | 17.50 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
(404) 237-7573 17.50398
- 787 students | 17.60 Mi50 Hurt Plaza SE Suite 400
Atlanta,  GA  30303
(404) 816-4533 17.60787
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.