South Piedmont Community College
- South Piedmont Community College is a multi-campus institution serving Anson and Union counties in south-central North Carolina. South Piedmont is a comprehensive community college, one of 58 in the highly regarded North Carolina Community College System. The college offers traditional and unique programs, and prides itself on its focus on learning.
- The teacher population of 158 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Piedmont Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||158 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,658 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||732 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,926 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,500||$27,500|
- South Piedmont Community College is located in one of the top five fastest-growing regions in the United States. We are convenient, with locations in Monroe, Polkton and Wadesboro. And we care about our students and the communities we serve. SPCC is learner focused and is dedicated to the success of all of our students, both the young and the young at heart. Being learner focused provides all students the opportunity to excel and achieve their goals. South Piedmont Community College offers credit and non-credit at three college-owned facilities and at dozens of off-campus sites across Anson and Union counties. The college is approved by the North Carolina Community College System and operates under the State Board of Community Colleges. South Piedmont offers more than 30 different credit programs. The college is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges. L.L. Polk Campus is located at 680 Highway 74 West, Polkton. Credit classes are offered on the Polk Campus as well as a limited number of non-credit and Adult Basic Skills classes. South Piedmont Community College has a number of facilities available for community use, including the Conference Center at South Piedmont on the Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe and the Charles N. and Mary Alice Caudle Ingram Community Room at the Lockhart-Taylor Center in Wadesboro. Both rooms can accommodate up to 400 for events involving meals and approximately 600 for events set up auditorium style. South Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to South Piedmont Community College is Northeastern Technical College (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,090 students | 23.20 Mi1201 Chesterfield Hwy.
Cheraw,  SC  29520
(843) 921-6900 23.201,090
- 2,745 students | 24.80 Mi141 College Drive
Albemarle,  NC  28001
(704) 982-0121 24.802,745
- 2,531 students | 25.50 Mi1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet,  NC  28345
(910) 410-1700 25.502,531
- 863 students | 30.70 Mi1011 Page St
Troy,  NC  27371
(910) 576-6222 30.70863
- 1,738 students | 39.50 Mi476 Hubbard Drive
Lancaster,  SC  29720
(803) 313-7000 39.501,738