Northeastern Technical College
- Northeastern Technical College provides occupational, technical, college transfer, basic academic skills, and continuing education programs with appropriate support services to meet the needs of the individuals, businesses, and industries in a rural service area composed of Chesterfield, Marlboro, and Dillon Counties. Within this focus, the College contributes to economic growth by enhancing the employability of service area residents in technology, business, health, arts, and sciences.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Northeastern Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,090 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||566 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||524 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northeastern Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education System, is an accredited post-secondary institution which grants associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates and is supported by county, state, federal, and student revenues. NETC enrolls approximately 2,700 - 2,800 college credit students and 3,700 - 5,500 continuing education students annually. Degree Programs offered by Northeastern Technical College includes Associate in Arts, Associate in Arts - Elementary Education, Associate in Arts - Social Work, Associate in Science, Computer Technology, Business/Management, Business/Management - Accounting, Business Management - Fire Science, General Technology - Early Childhood Development, General Technology - Electro-Mechanical, General Technology - Electronics, General Technology - Engineering Graphics, General Technology - Industrial Maintenance, General Technology - Welding, Industrial Electronics Technology, Machine Tool Technology and Office Systems Technology. Diploma Programs includes Automated Office, Industrial Electricity and Machine Tool. Certificate Programs includes Accounting Clerk, Accounting/Microcomputer Applications, Allied Health Careers, CISCO Internetworking, Computer-Assisted Drafting, Computer Numerical Controls, Criminal Justice, Data Processing Clerk, Early Childhood Development, Electronics Industrial Application, Industrial Plant Mechanics, Machine Operator, Management and Supervision, Medical Office Assistant, Motor Controls, Nurse Preparation, Practical Nursing Preparation, Residential Wiring, Web Mastery, Web Page Development, Welding Practices and Word Processing. Northeastern Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,531 students | 18.90 Mi1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet,  NC  28345
- 2,658 students | 25.80 Mi680 Highway 74 West
Polkton,  NC  28135
- 6,215 students | 32.30 Mi2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence,  SC  29501
- 863 students | 46.40 Mi1011 Page St
Troy,  NC  27371
- 4,016 students | 46.80 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.