SLCC Gulf Area Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|SLCC Gulf Area Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||79%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Gulf Area Campus is located in the middle of the historic city of Abbeville, Louisiana. Abbeville is the largest city in Vermilion Parish and serves as the parish seat. Vermilion is a coastal parish whose southern border is defined by the Vermilion Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Louisiana Technical College, Gulf Area Campus prides itself on offering quality educational opportunities to the citizens of south Louisiana. The economic well being of this state and nation is dependent on a competent, trained workforce. Louisiana Technical College, Acadian Campus is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and is part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and The Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to SLCC Gulf Area Campus is Remington College-Lafayette Campus (14.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 14.40 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette,  LA  70508
- n/a students | 15.70 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
- 307 students | 16.00 Mi120 James Comeaux Rd.
Lafayette,  LA  70508
- 6,332 students | 17.00 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
- 376 students | 19.80 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.