SLCC Gulf Area Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|SLCC Gulf Area Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Gulf Area Campus is located in the middle of the historic city of Abbeville, Louisiana. Abbeville is the largest city in Vermilion Parish and serves as the parish seat. Vermilion is a coastal parish whose southern border is defined by the Vermilion Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Louisiana Technical College, Gulf Area Campus prides itself on offering quality educational opportunities to the citizens of south Louisiana. The economic well being of this state and nation is dependent on a competent, trained workforce. Louisiana Technical College, Acadian Campus is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and is part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and The Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to SLCC Gulf Area Campus is Remington College-Lafayette Campus (14.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 368 students | 14.40 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette, LA 70508
(337) 981-4010 14.40368
- 750 students | 15.70 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia, LA 70560
(337) 373-0011 15.70750
- 6,092 students | 17.20 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 521-9000 17.206,092
- 376 students | 19.80 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville, LA 70582
(337) 394-6466 19.80376
- 259 students | 22.70 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley, LA 70526
(337) 788-7521 22.70259
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.